SAU Community

New Version Power Fc's And Fc-Edit

89CAL

Hi all

Have just got my hands on a brand new Power FC (the new releases that Apexi have bought out) and it seems to work fine in the car, but will not let FC-Edit talk to it. I get an error something like:

'FC-Edit is unable to communicate with RB25DET version 7'

It then performs a scan and saves it as a file. I've sent this off to the FC-datalogit guys, but I'm a bit unsure how that is going to turn out as I have inherited the FC-Edit I own and am using an FC-Hako. I'm more then happy to register it and pay for software rights etc, but just waiting to see what the outcome is

Just wondering if any of the shops/tuners have come accross this yet and if there has been a fix provided yet

Hopefully it will help out others in my position also as I couldnt really find any information on this when I searched for it. I've plugged the new power FC in and I'm keen to be on Version 7.00 and not have to go back to my version 2.20E unit :P

For those of you playing at home

you need FC-Edit version 2.130k for the new Power FC's to talk to FC Edit :)

The guys at FC-Datalogit were very helpful. So hope this helps someone out one day.

I wasnt able to just save my old map and then write all to the new PFC, but it wasnt to bad, just had to write the IGN and INJ table, then do a bit of mucking around in the settings to get them to update. Injector settings had to be changed manually but.

i had them make version 2.130 a few months back for me as quite a few new pfc's are filtering through. there is a new tps vs ign feature that wasn't always active in all versions..

• 1 year later...

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I'm facing the same issue

Have gone online and managed to find 2.130, have mucked around with 2.128 and 2.130 for 2 hours now but we're still getting the same error message, does anyone have a link for 2.130k?

I'm assuming the 2.130k is the one that talks to the latest Pfc right? Not the 2.130?

Edited by chiksluvit

Yep you need V2.130k or newer (if they have made a newer version since then)

I think I just emailed them and they just sent me the new version. With FC-Edit when you try and connect it makes some sort of .dat file (should notify you it is doing this because of incompatible version etc) and sent that off to them and they emailed me back the new copy of FC-Edit. Not sure if it will work for you, you may need to provide proof that you own the software. But worth a try

Thanks mate

unfortunately it's not my datalogit. With so many plug-in options recently like nistune or adaptronic etc, my tuner hasn't come across any r33s with the latest PFC.

he did shoot off the .dat file to datalogit, but the fc datalogit team normally takes around 1 mth to get back to his emails, so I'm just trying to see if there are quicker ways to get access.

we also tried logging into his datalogit yahoo group, but his ID has since been unregistered.

Anyway thanks at least we know he definitely needs the 2.130K and 2.130 won't work