SAU Community

M35 Am Performance Intake

bigkevracer

Yeah you're right Scotty. Double checked my figures today, and the injectors are maxing out. The FPR will get me out of the shit short term but I'll be getting it tuned shortly. You get the email from the HKS guys about the tune?

No mate, no emails about the HKS...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Cihan should disclose all his tuning secrets so other tuners can copy his work? It won't happen... Too much time has been invested by him into the VQ25det now to just give the information away, I think my car has over 200 dyno runs on it already...

Not far to drive over Ryan for peace of mind...

So Cihan should disclose all his tuning secrets so other tuners can copy his work? It won't happen... Too much time has been invested by him into the VQ25det now to just give the information away, I think my car has over 200 dyno runs on it already...

Its not, but it becomes a pain in the arse to go back and forth every time I need a tune. Would rather work with someone local who is good and is interested in spending the time. There are a couple who have expressed interest, one with their own dyno.

It's interesting how this happens; your guy (and you) had to go through the learning process, and now there is more demand; the guys who put it in the "too hard basket" suddenly need a hand.

I don't doubt you have plenty of your own cash tied up in the entire process Scotty; no way 200+ dyno runs is a cheap process.

Its not, but it becomes a pain in the arse to go back and forth every time I need a tune. Would rather work with someone local who is good and is interested in spending the time. There are a couple who have expressed interest, one with their own dyno.

If your guy is good and interested; that is the ideal combination!

Maybe it would be worthwhile him investing his time and effort, so that he can hold himself up as one of only a small number of tuners that can work on the M35.

If you build it; they will come.

Exactly Dale, and that 200 runs isn't including the Emanage learning process before it.

I do honestly hope there are other tuning options and tuners in the future for the VQ25det, and if the guys at Nistune finally get on board we will all benefit. The HKS software is the best option available to us at the moment but there are so many things I would like to adjust that it doesn't have the maps for...

If your guy is good and interested; that is the ideal combination!

Maybe it would be worthwhile him investing his time and effort, so that he can hold himself up as one of only a small number of tuners that can work on the M35.

If you build it; they will come.

Agreed. Surely if your tuner is interested and is competent he doesn't need his hands held by someone that's done all the work...

Not for free anyway!

My tuner doesn't Jethro, it's the HKS guys who needed more information. The information they needed I don't think we could get from Scotty's tune anyway, as he's running non standard injectors.

• 3 years later...

So after installing, good increase in response and power.

Need less throttle to get the car rolling and coasting on legal speeds.

Car seems to have more rasp in exhaust note and engine feels slightly less smooth in the rev range.

Does this sound normal ?

cheers

Wow what a difference the intake makes on stock tune.

I've put the power duct cover back on and blocked half the stock snorkel to reduce airflow until my tune.

Back to normal, engine smooth, better idle and less noisy.

How's that for home tuning !

Block off the f**king intake...

So is it possible this intake could cause the ECU to change timing ?

It feels like a late spark or something.

Still surprised I have rough idle and engine rev.

Blocking off power duct has helped a little but not much.

Just had another thought.

Maybe air is coming in through the join, which is after the AFM.

There's no physical seal on these,just metal to metal.

Gonna try and get a clamp around it.

A clamp probably won't help; but a solid application of tape around the join will tell you if you're on the right track.

• 1 month later...

Yep these intakes DO leak between the middle join.

When it's fitted the two halves are pulled out a fair bit stretching the spring.

After doing a smoke test, it was visible.

So had it removed and sealed with silicone.