SAU Community

R32 Rb25De Valve Spring Upgrade

Roy

I am running an R32 RB25DE head which has 256/8.5mm Poncams. When I bought the engine it had "upgraded Valves and springs" but was only making 350rwhp.

At the moment I have a strange problem that the car is making good power at 15psi but as soon as I wind 20psi it makes the same power. I run 25psi and it wll lose a smidge of power.

So what valvesprings do the folk that run these heads on RB30s run for proven 600rwhp results

• 1 year later...

Having trouble trying to find info on the rb25 de head out of r33 gts, if I was to use it in a rb25/30 conversion, what sort of boost could I run with stock valve springs ? 7 psi 10psi 14 psi ? How hard is it to change valve springs ?

I read that the rb25 de and det have the same cams duration and lift is this correct ?

Can I drop rb25 det injectors into rb25 de fuel rail?

Any idea what sort of boost and power I could expect with stock springs ?

That's such an open ended question. Seriously depends on fuel and turbo to name a few.

Have you looked at the rb30 dyno results thread? It's all there. As are the cam specs on the net for you to find. Hint, Tomei have a chart of factory nissan cams available easily.