SAU Community

Torana Lx Gtr Hatch, Lots Of Pictures

Started fitting the tunnel, brought some cleko's last summit order so I thought I would give them a go.

They made it a lot easier to trial fit the tunnel since I had it in and out about twenty times. After I had the tunnel neatly lapping

over the floor I started cutting 50mm at a time then tacking and hammer and dolly.

IMGP2357_resize_zps77da843e.jpg

IMGP2361_resize_zps17479bd9.jpg

• Like 1

There may be a career in this transformation gig once your done. Let me be the first to get in line to order same conversion please :-)

I have owned multiple LH/LX Torana's and also multiple R33 Skylines - they are both(by a country mile) my favourite vehicles.

So if you feel you you would like do repeat the process once this one is complete - I'm here........admiring your talent and frankly great taste in cars :-)

Dean, I've had a couple of people contact me about doing the conversion for them but i'm to busy doing my own projects.

Bit more chopping.

IMGP2368_resize_zps5b26b44c.jpg

Before fitting the rear section I made a 100mm dimple and then cut a 90mm hole in the centre.

Setting in place.

IMGP2380_resize_zps4147a156.jpg

This is the reason for the hole.

IMGP2379_resize_zps1bbd82ad.jpg

All the tunnel is now welded in, also re-shaped the cross brace under the back seat that I cut out to fit over the new tunnel,

this will be welded in after the engineer does his next inspection. Also started the drivers side seat mounts.

IMGP2382_resize_zpsead77256.jpg

IMGP2381_resize_zps9f519954.jpg

IMGP2385_resize_zps14edfc68.jpg

Thought that was a joke haha, couldn't get a helper i guess.

God knows why! If I lived within 100km of this build I'd jump at the chance to be a helper. Although I doubt whether I'd be worthy enough to be in the same shed as this masterpiece.

Had the engineer look at it today, he was happy with what I have done so I finished welding in the seat mounts and the cross

brace under the back seat. Also sat the steering column, seat and centre console in to see how they looked.

IMGP2390_resize_zps03b58229.jpg

IMGP2387_resize_zps670c2b58.jpg

Edited by turbo76lx