SAU Community

How To Fit Bodykit? :o

Hey ive got some 400R skirts and rear GTR pods off my old car which i want to install on my new one. My old 33 had the holes drilled etc and brackets to fit the pods which wrap around the rear bar, but my new 33 has never had any after market kit on it; therefore im looking for ways i can do the install.

What would be the best way to mount the side skirts? ( i dont want to only use sikaflex etc ... needs to be secure )

And how do you mount GTR pods on a GTST? (doesnt seem to be much info on this? is a "glue" the only way??)

Any help is appreciated . But preferably i'd like some detailed steps :D

Car is a series 2 :cheers:

I'd go sikaflex first (Held into place with clamps) and once set, screw onto the brackets/holes..

Had to remove my bodykit when I bought my skyline with a Stanley Knife... and really thinking of trying to NOT use ANY sikaflex so I can easy clean under my skirts etc..

Not sure if its possible while keeping good strength..

Edited by Zrobe

True , I had to do that as well on my old car and It left a big mess, couldn't get it all off the body. Anything like sikaflex which is white and maybe a little less sloppy to work with?

I'd go sikaflex first (Held into place with clamps) and once set, screw onto the brackets/holes..

Had to remove my bodykit when I bought my skyline with a Stanley Knife... and really thinking of trying to NOT use ANY sikaflex so I can easy clean under my skirts etc..

Not sure if its possible while keeping good strength..

some factory skirts come with the plastic clips.

skirts I fitted to mazda 6s were like this.

if you done the holes right, no bonding agent needed.

I never used sikaflex on them, and didnt get any coming back.

• 1 month later...

The skirt is completely fiberglass with no clips or anything. Have decided to paint them, then use a little bit of sikaflex at the top of each skirt so i can let that dry, then angle them. Once im happy im just going to drill a through the marked hole in the skirt (so, technically the body) and then bolt them to the car (once ive found/bought some good nuts/bolts etc)