SAU Community

30/26 From Rwd To 4Wd

SIR-JD

Yes. Due to the pointy nose of the 32 it tends to hit on the bonnet. You'll need to either raise your bonnet (or hack it), lower the subframe, leave off the cam gear cover (I think??) or a combination of those.

Don't let that put you off. There should be a fair bit of info on the issues in RB30 conversion thread.

Hi guys, the last 30/26 I was purchasing fell through... I'm looking at another now but it is in a 33gtst (rwd). What will I need to do to it to get it into my 32gtr. Will it just be a sump adapter? Thanks, Jonathan.

There is a fair bit of work fitting the sump adapter - drilling and tapping and grinding. A couple of bell housing boltholes will not line up and you have the choice of welding up the old ones and drilling and tapping new ones or just leaving them out.

dont leave the bolts out.

unless you weld the sump on, the extra height is going to cause the gearbox bolts to be out.

DONT WELD THE SUMP ON.

the extra deck height is a problem.

elongate the engine mount bracket holes, and drop the engine closer to the subframe.

if using a small turbo or low mounts, you should be able to get away with trimming the bracing from under the bonnet.

I have personally spaced the subframe.

mainly because I didnt want to touch my bonnet.

keep in mind, if you go this route, the cooling fan will no longer line up.

but, the guard to plenum pipe should.

Dont forget if your running a aftermarket plenum that it may hit the clutch booster.

I had fun with that one today, ended up converting a S14 clutch master to bolt straight on without a booster, built a adapter so i would not have to redrill the firewall......

Ok cool, valuable advice. Cheers!

Also, I have a guarage 101 extended sump (rb26) with a pickup. Will this pickup work on the 30 bottom end?

No, you'll still need to get the pickup modified or it will sit 10mm too high in the sump. The adapter spaces the sump down 10mm regardless of what sump you use.

Ah bugger, ok I'll have to look into that in more detail. Cheers

Yeh I'm going to be running a stock plenum so that will not be an issue.

does the extended sump use a standard pick up?

if so, just use the modded pick up.

if not, will have to be custom made/modified.

Dont forget if your running a aftermarket plenum that it may hit the clutch booster.

I had fun with that one today, ended up converting a S14 clutch master to bolt straight on without a booster, built a adapter so i would not have to redrill the firewall......

I didnt ;)

one more advantage to the spacers.

I have to get a thread up and happening.

R32 GTR with a 26/30 and with a Greddy Plenum and the original throttle bodies?

How much room was left?

Where are the closest points and distances?

Im also going to run the spacers but didnt think it was enough to clear the Clutch master.

Still not too late to drop the original master and booster in.....

R32 GTR with a 26/30 and with a Greddy Plenum and the original throttle bodies?

How much room was left?

Where are the closest points and distances?

Im also going to run the spacers but didnt think it was enough to clear the Clutch master.

Still not too late to drop the original master and booster in.....

yes, genuine greddy.

original throttles and sandwich.

plenty of room.

but, if using spacers, can no longer run stock fan.

have to go thermo.

• Like 1