SAU Community

Wtb: Rhs Door Mirror (Preferably Silver)

Need a RHS door mirror. Came back one day and noticed the black housing (part attached to the door/window) was cracked and mirror was hanging on its side :-( need to get the sorted ASAP. Epoxy and duct tape isn't holding very well.

Im located in Sydney btw.

• 1 month later...

Because if you are looking at the car front on, RHS is passenger. ..

Lol.. Left and Right are relative to the observer? :) I wish I had thought of that in school when the teacher said 'raise your right hand' :)

?? how can 'Right Hand Side' mean anything other than the drivers side?? (in Australia)

Hmm... you didn't try googling it before your comment I'd bet. There's threads on it, mainly because people aren't sure. So, if I ask the question in the post, then we're all on the same page. No harm, no cost.

So, I'm after a KY0 Brilliant Silver mirror for a Series II coupe (passenger, LHS) - I'm advised... :happy:

Edited by Stuart McK

sorry, I didn't intend to offend.. just was struggling (and still am) to understand how the RHS of a car or anything else could ever be anything but the RHS.. unless the front/rear of the object wasn't immediately obvious.

And your right.. I didn't Google, the idea that this was difficult to understand never crossed my mind..

Edited by sonicii

sorry, I didn't intend to offend.. just was struggling (and still am) to understand how the RHS of a car or anything else could ever be anything but the RHS.. unless the front/rear of the object wasn't immediately obvious.

And your right.. I didn't Google, the idea that this was difficult to understand never crossed my mind..

No problem. It's like Trav said - its a perspective thing. Anyway, I thought I'd ask.

And these suckers are harder to find 2nd-hand than I expected...

And these suckers are harder to find 2nd-hand than I expected...

It isn't like you are looking for an uncommon colour either!!

Maybe they are commonly damaged and therefore sought after??

Is it the same as a Stagea mirror? I have a silver M35 coming down here for wrecking soon...

Hi Scott. I really don't know but I checked out some images and I suspect the two models are different. I was also thinking that if the triangular mount was the same fit, if I got a pair it wouldn't matter but I'm not sure if that's the same either...

It's probably too big a risk, so thanks anyway. Stuart

Edited by Stuart McK

• 2 weeks later...

OK team, I let my fingers do the typing and searched through Trading Post, Gumtree, eBay, japanese wreckers, etc for a used silver coupe mirror. No luck. However, I ended up finding this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/03-07-G35-Coupe-2-Door-Door-Mirror-Right-Passenger-Power-Heated-/131083085130?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3AInfiniti%7CModel%3AG35&vxp=mtr&hash=item1e8529254a

Is black, but I could either paint it or leave it to see how it looks with other black trim on the car. Decided to run with the latter, so bought one for the other side to match. All up for heated mirror assembly both sides $180AUS shipped. The order was also shipped the same day so don't think I'll be waiting too long either.

I'll post what the quality is like when they arrive, if anyone is interested.

Umm. Do you realize left and right door mirrors are angled differently? If these are for a LHD car you might not be able to get the mirrors to adjust far enough to line the up for a RHD car.

Note- given previous posts, I thought I had better clarify Right hand drive is what we have in Aust. :)

Umm. Do you realize left and right door mirrors are angled differently? If these are for a LHD car you might not be able to get the mirrors to adjust far enough to line the up for a RHD car.

Note- given previous posts, I thought I had better clarify Right hand drive is what we have in Aust. :)

Interesting. Know that for a fact given that both sides are by design motor adjustable? Anyway, what is done is done. I could't get what I needed here...

yes, both sides are motor adjustable, but the physical housing is angled inward more when in the open position on the passenger side, so if the mirror is set central in the housing, it is roughly in the correct position for the driver. LHD mirror housing will be angled to be roughly correct for the passenger on a RHD car. The motor adjustment may have enough range to correct this, but it will likely be at the extent of the adjustment range.

If you are able to adjust them correctly, then it shouldn't be a big issue.. just thought I would let you know.

yes, both sides are motor adjustable, but the physical housing is angled inward more when in the open position on the passenger side, so if the mirror is set central in the housing, it is roughly in the correct position for the driver. LHD mirror housing will be angled to be roughly correct for the passenger on a RHD car. The motor adjustment may have enough range to correct this, but it will likely be at the extent of the adjustment range.

If you are able to adjust them correctly, then it shouldn't be a big issue.. just thought I would let you know.

OK, cheers. I'll just have to drive leaning more into the left side - or is that the right side? ;)

• 1 month later...

Hi Stuart

What is the latest update on the mirrors? How is the positioning?

I'm in a similar predicament, my passenger side mirror has snapped off (I was in the city one night, came back from dinner and the mirror was hanging off, I think someone might have kicked it off)

I am also looking to buy from ebay from a US seller, but I am a bit concerned about the different positioning.

I wonder if its possible to use the black housing and screw my silver mirror on it, would save me the hassle of getting it painted silver.

Hi Tai. Which side are you referring to as RHS? Passenger or driver? I'm after a silver mirror for the passenger side, but I don't want to hijack your post if we're after the same item... ;-)

Hahaha sorry to bring up old posts but this cracked me up.... What side is the steering wheel on ??

/Sits back with popcorn