SAU Community

Momo Outrun M3 Tyres. Has Anyone Tried These?

Munkyb0y

Has anyone tried these new momo tyres? Momo Outrun M3. >>> http://www.momotires.it/en/summer-tires/outrun-m3.html

I'm hesitant in buying a pair (for the front) because I cant find a single review.

They've only just come into the market.

treadwear 280

Why do I care? Because they are priced so ridiculously cheap. I'm hoping price is not based on their quality, but rather because they're new to the market.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish i knew as well. It's either these or Nittos for me, and the Momos are priced very cheap at the moment because they are new.

We might have to be the first to test because i really need 2 for the front! I will be going to get them next week somewhere off of the M5 before the tunnel.

I just got a pair fitted this morning. $250 for the pair in 225/40/18 at St.George Tyres in Arncliffe. The guys there are pretty damn helpful.

I replaced 235/40/18 Falkens with them. The Momo dont come in 235 and the 245's would have scrubbed.

I didnt want to go down in size, but when they measured the tread width, it turns out the 225 Momo are actually a touch wider than the 235 Falkens.

So they look and fit just right. No stretch now, compared to the Falkens.

No strange vibrations or anything of that nature that you would see immediately with a crappy tyre. The tread pattern looks good. The tyre quality seems good. Not that its saying much at this stage.

Interested to see what they handle like in the wet.

They are definitely quiet (if that's important to you), and surprisingly comfortable.

I'll report back here after ive had them for a while.

update. yes it does say 'made in china' on the tyre in microscopic lettering.

ive been driving in the rain, and after-rain wet slick road surfaces over the last 2 days. momo m3's on the front.

these tyres grip very well in wet conditions.

there was no sign of any slip or aqua planing.

the front gripped really well in the bends, corners, and straights.

obviously i'm not pushing them to their limits in the wet on the street.

but so far, i'm really happy with these tyres, and for the price, they seem unbeatable.

hopefully they hold up well over time.

No complaints here!

they were fitted at 35psi, but felt a little 'dull' in respect to feedback. so I'm running these at 40psi (which i usually do up front anyway).

theyre definitely comfortable at 40 though. They absorb the bumps well. Still quiet, from what i can tell over my engine/exhaust noise anyway.

feedback is good, response is sharp enough. grip is great.

• 3 weeks later...

after using these tyres for a while now. I'm going to say they are fkn brilliant!

grip grip grip! comfort. excellent response and sharp turn-in.

ive pushed these fairly hard in the wet, dry, cold, hot, dusty (ahh sydney weather!)

better than ku31. def better than mid range falkens. better wet grip IMO than nitto 555's.

that's all i can compare them to. Oh and better than achilles, obviously.

i'm impressed!

That would be ace, I've had my Kumho 39's 205 55 16's on for about 9 months now and rate them highly, especially in the wet. Their only flaw is the sidewall could be stiffer, as sharp changes of direction feels a little mushy, but that could be because of the 55 profile.

maybe increase pressure? the r33 has a shitload of weight over the front wheels, so i always run 40psi for the fronts in 18's. not sure about the r32 with 16's.

and at lower pressure, these momo's can feel a bit mushy too. but right now, they feel fine, and not at all uncomfortable.

• 4 months later...

yeah i have an update!

these tyres still feel great. not a single complaint from me.

still grip like new. feel like new. dont seem to have deteriorated much, if at all.

very pleased.

i only wish they came in more sizes, like 235/18 and 265/18.