SAU Community

SAU History 101

• 4 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Cool thread and history. :) I guess I didn’t quite make the old school list 😢 but I was briefly an SDU member and I certainly feel old... I think I joined sau in 2002, maybe late in the year. 

i’m passing through to give thanks to our son of rajab and creator Prank. He built (and kept running) this place. I learned so much here and met so many great people, many of which are close friends to this day. Thanks Prank. ❤️

For those wondering I do still have a GTR and like all good ones it spends most of its time in the garage...

I see my good buddy blitz has checked in above. He’s been a close friend now for more than 15 years, we have shared so many good times. Shonen has remained one of my close friends, plus he had the raddest 34GTT forever ago. brisby and I have caused mischief all over the world together and he still has the worlds best 32 GTST.

I’ll probably forget some names but there’s a whole cast of friends I made here in Duncan, Kel, fatz, 31silhouette, bobbyporsche, merli, dan, dif, shell, Dave, tosh, steveN1, russ, mark, stretch and more. 

Thanks again PranK. :)

• Like 4

I'm an '03, was in SDU but one day when reading the Aussie section saw the reference to SAU....so joined.

I think I was the first person to sell Skyline stuff on SAU with a part of the proceeds of the sale going to SAU.  I actually asked if it was ok to do that and got the thumbs up.  Sold probably 5-10 items with at least 10% going to SAU, and in some cases 100% going to them.  This trend has died a bit now [and I have stuff all to sell atm], but I'll rat my shed and see if I can kick it off again!  I know I have a s/s dump pipe somewhere 🤔

5 minutes ago, tridentt150v said:

I'm an '03, was in SDU but one day when reading the Aussie section saw the reference to SAU....so joined.

I think I was the first person to sell Skyline stuff on SAU with a part of the proceeds of the sale going to SAU.  I actually asked if it was ok to do that and got the thumbs up.  Sold probably 5-10 items with at least 10% going to SAU, and in some cases 100% going to them.  This trend has died a bit now [and I have stuff all to sell atm], but I'll rat my shed and see if I can kick it off again!  I know I have a s/s dump pipe somewhere 🤔

I remember that well. It was much appreciated.!!

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Wow. Decided to check in on old Sau. Thoughts of owning a gtr again .Holy crap the prices .. 😄

Remember the mass defection from SDU too, as one of the original members back then. 

Edited by rev210

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/12/2021 at 10:14 PM, rev210 said:

Wow. Decided to check in on old Sau. Thoughts of owning a gtr again .Holy crap the prices .. 😄

Remember the mass defection from SDU too, as one of the original members back then. 

I had an email from Iron Chef that I just deleted back from 2015 when looking at importing a R34 GTR. They were all about 40-60k. Absolutely pooping that I never bought one. 💥

• Like 1

On 01/01/2022 at 10:27 AM, Kinks said:

Saw some SAU history on my morning walk today, memories of all you lot came flooding back too.  Happy New Year, peeps.. hope everyone's doing well!

IMG_8488.thumb.JPG.5542fee75b85047281e913da0b87f94b.JPGIMG_8487.thumb.JPG.aa720177ac48b7bc324978f18f4a96cf.JPG

Oh wow! I wonder if his cousin has it atm. I really miss Nick, he was one of the nicest and most genuine people I've met in my life. Never complained and was always more worried about everyone else than himself. 😞

• Like 2

• 10 months later...