SAU Community

M35 Ecu Upgrade Options

DaveM35

3.5L runs a different plug, and has different CAN protocols. The 2.5dd, 3.0dd and 2.5det all run the same ecu plug with slightly different pinouts.

Most 3.5L ecu's will work, without cam actuation. If you want the cams to work, you will need to reprogram the frequency/degree and self learning, which only the Haltech Elite can do afaik, and without Haltech support you are up the creek (as Mercury found out the hard way). Short story- Don't bother at this time.

• Like 1

Or keep looking for that elusive F-Con :P

I imagine this is the reason why my manual conversion won't get off the ground.... /sigh

Edited by Beregron

• 4 weeks later...

Hi... I'm Rick and I'm new to the stagea forums... I have a a m35 arx and.am about to start modifying it... As for ecu options I have read all the covered options and decided to do some searching of my own... The only other option I found other then what has been covered is something called UP REV OSIRIS TUNER... I believe rev zone are the dealers in melbourne for this. I have spoken to them and they want to see my car and plug in a diagnostic to see if they can licence the ecu... Anyone been down this path???

The only ecu options available and proven is the Emanage piggyback, or the HDI Maxrom afm signal bender. (unless you can find a discontinued VQ25det specific loom for the HKS Fcon Vpro. This is by far the best option, and the most expensive)

The Adaptronic has issues, as does any other standalone at this stage. Personally it's hard to go past the Emanage Ultimate in Melbourne at least, as there is a tuner here willing to touch it.

The Osirus dongle can't read our map, it just comes up as jibberish, corrupt data, as ours isn't the same OBD2 protocol as they are used to dealing with. We tried this path years ago and nothing has changed to my knowledge.

What are your power goals? I can suggest the best option for you that way.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Just translated it..
For that price you may as well just get an emanage..
Description of item It becomes NISMO computer.
Dirt.
It is not failure of the coupler.
There is no problem with the mounting portion.
Data is unknown.
Seal is not affixed to the full.
Operation verification ending.
There are a small wound. Detailed condition, please refer to the image.
Edited by Reaperblitz

Just translated it..

For that price you may as well just get an emanage..

Description of item It becomes NISMO computer.

Dirt.

It is not failure of the coupler.

There is no problem with the mounting portion.

Data is unknown.

Seal is not affixed to the full.

Operation verification ending.

There are a small wound. Detailed condition, please refer to the image.

The nismo is something you want to use combined with the emanage. It fixes a few issues the emanage can't. Speed limiter and throttle issues etc

80000YEN is not good deal for nismo ecu, it could get an e-manage with tuned around 1300AUD

I don't think you fully understand just how different a Nismo ECU is, compared to a stock one.

I don't think you fully understand just how different a Nismo ECU is, compared to a stock one.

I am also using aftermarket ecu right now. I just want to say the low value compare with the high price. I was not saying nismo ecu equal to emanage.

I am also using aftermarket ecu right now. I just want to say the low value compare with the high price. I was not saying nismo ecu equal to emanage.

i would agree with this, i don't think its worth the price

i would agree with this, i don't think its worth the price

If it was it would be sold already.

Interesting that the emanage is still the most capable ecu on the market at the moment, and the only things it doesn't get rid of is the Speed and rev cut. If those worry you, then any way around them will be expensive.