SAU Community

M35 Reverse Wire Pick Up At Shifter. Anyone Know?

walkoau

Hi everyone,

I'm putting in a wireless reverse camera tomorrow and wondering if I can splice into a reverse trigger wire at the shifter. Anyone done this and possibly remember color of the wire, might save me some time rather than checking all the wires with a multimeter.

Being wireless there was no need to run cables the full length of the car so it would be a shame (and very time consuming) to have to splice into the wires in the rear somewhere. And defeats the purpose of getting the wireless one.

Any input much appreciated.

Thanks

You will still have to splice a wire in the back to power the camera when in reverse. At the same time as powering the radio to switch to reverse function. I always check the wires with a multimeter just in case. There will be a wire under the console somewhere

LT.pdf

I don't think it will be as easy as you hope. Even Pin 41 on the TCU (rev lamp relay) is 0V when in R position & battery voltage when in any other position, so it depends what you need to trigger the display. If it's 12V, you may as well run a wire up front as Brad so rightly suggests.

I've done it! Found the reverse 12v positive wire behind the drivers side kick panel in the biggest loom. I will splice into it and use that as the trigger wire.

For anyone else that needs to know its behind drivers side kick panel inthe big loom. It's the orange wire. (There are a few orange ones but the others are twisted in pairs with other wires, the correct one is not twisted). It's 12volt+ only in reverse and 0volts when not in reverse as its the light feed.

Much easier than running wires the whole length of the car..... Not to mention the sealed up tailgate!!!! That's why I decided to buy wireless.

Scotty, it Wasn't that hard to pin point really, after I checked the color of the wires at the tailgate plug and tested there before moving down to the kick panel.

Hopefully this post will save other people some time if they need to wire up a wireless camera.

• 2 years later...

Thread resurrection...

Big thanks to walkoau for the wire identification, I got the Renault camera and wireless sender mentioned in this thread hooked up and working with aftermarket head unit.

Camera - > av sender - > 12v from reverse light

Headunit reverse input -> orange wire in loom

Headunit - > av reciever -> switched 12v

or give us a snapshot for BCM pin for reverse signal?

Sorry, I did not get that close just lifted carpet near sill on drivers side, saw bundle of wires and scratched off some plastic on the first orange wire that was not paired - multimeter read 12v only when in reverse. I just patched in wire at that point and feed back up behind the dash.

If I get a some spare time I will try to trace it back and snap a pic. In any case should not take long to test a few cables should you not get lucky like me and easy to reinsulate the wrong ones.

• Like 1