SAU Community

Fuel Economy For 250Rwkw+

This is a continuation thread from here – I posted the original in the wrong section:

Hi all, I did a quick search but couldn't find much on fuel economy so I thought I'd post this up.

I've got an R34 GTT auto with a recently installed Hypergear ATR43SS2 and supporting mods (full list here), currently running 257rwkw.

I always keep track of my fuel expenses and I measure consumpsion by filling up fully every time and noting down the odo reading. Here's an overview:

• Completely stock 150rwkw, overall average of 12.2 litres/100km over 8,000 kms
  • Stock turbo with upped boost and Nistune with supporting mods 199rwkw, overall average of 11.9 litres/100km over 18,000kms
I've only filled up the car the three times since having the Hypergear installed, however the average consumption is currently sitting at 16.4 litres/100km. Granted it's been a lot of city driving but it's still a pretty silly figure.

What kind of economy (litres/100km) are you guys getting out of your 250rwkw+ setups?

Less than a month later, here's my fuel economy figures (l/100km) from the three most recent refills (all freeway and country driving):

Not too bad at all.

hmm your complaining about 16L/100km? I had a modded RS liberty turbo (full tune, STI turbo, full exhaust, 190kw) and I was getting close to the 25L/100km around town. Now THATS bad. Whats worse is the small tank in Subaru's (RS liberty's had around a 55 litre tank, small for a fairly large sedan).

But with the new figures your getting I would be very happy. My 32 GTR is on about 18-20L/100km depending on my driving and its pretty much stock.

hmm your complaining about 16L/100km? I had a modded RS liberty turbo (full tune, STI turbo, full exhaust, 190kw) and I was getting close to the 25L/100km around town. Now THATS bad. Whats worse is the small tank in Subaru's (RS liberty's had around a 55 litre tank, small for a fairly large sedan).

But with the new figures your getting I would be very happy. My 32 GTR is on about 18-20L/100km depending on my driving and its pretty much stock.

Yeah well, I was :) Definitely much happier now that it's not permanently in the high teens!

My previous 290rwkw N/A V8 was in the mid 20's around town so the Skyline fuel efficiency is certainly a lot more civilised than that.

So wait, your telling me you get 840 kms to a tank around town? I dont even get close to that at all even with freeway driving.

How did you come up with that figure lol.

Off a 60 lt tank, it would end up more like 500Km's a tank around town.

How did you come up with that figure lol.

Off a 60 lt tank, it would end up more like 500Km's a tank around town.

70x12 is 840. I dont know what size tank your car has but r32 GTRs have a 72L fuel tank.

• Like 1

Thanks guys.

I've never found 'kms to a tank' a particularly accurate way to measure/compare economy as fuel tank sizes vary and nobody lets drives tank completely dry. Without a fancy trip computer the next best thing I know of is to fill the car up fully every time and note down the odo reading, then subtract from previous reading and calculate that way.

My fuel gauge has always been temperamental and I can fill about 40 litres when it shows close to empty. However, I just read somewhere that the GTT tank is 65 litres (can someone confirm?) so there should be plenty of juice left...

I was doing about 12L/100km when I first got my car tuned at 250rwkw

It started to get worse over the next 2 years, but was still getting about 14L/100km around town before I pulled the engine out. Found out the other day the engine that came out was a little (not to bad) unhealthy so might have had something to do with the drop in economy

I live in a smaller city, Theres not too much start stop traffic, but still a little.

I think 20L/100km is a bit crazy. Tune might need a bit of work in the cruise cells, or your driving style might need a change

Can't comment too much on E85, I know they use more fuel then 98 but not sure how much

Edited by 89CAL

70x12 is 840. I dont know what size tank your car has but r32 GTRs have a 72L fuel tank.

I've never filled up more than 65L, I don't run my cars that low on fuel.

Generally I get 450-500km to 60L combined, that's with minimal boosties of course. Lately I've struggling to get to 400km (for 60L), too much thrashing.

Yeh ive never filled over 65L either but thats not my point. On a theoretical level, with a 72L tank which our cars have, you will get 840+ kms to a tank, and I just get no where near that. I drove up to coffs a couple of weeks ago and with only freeway driving I was pushing 600 kms to the tank. Somethings wrong with my car :(

New 02 sensors should help it, if you haven't replaced them recently. Apart from that, it's usually AFMs crapping out. I once got 10.5L/100km driving up to Newcastle and back to Sydney. That was when the AFMs were still good. Big fluke as it never dropped below 12L.

Mildly modded 96 Gts-t series 2 around 320hp on 15 psi.

500km open road driving

350-400 city peak hour driving with the occasional kick in the guts to overtake retards.

Half a tank for 12 laps of barbagello... haha

Edited by intercpt

um no, 10L/100km from 70ltrs is 700km so how is 12L/100km from 70ltrs 840km

since your trying to find units per hundred it's 70/12x100 which gives 583 from 70ltrs

to proof it,

you are working per 100km so you need to change the distance to number of hundreds, so 583/100=5.83 that's 5.83 hundreds

now how many hundreds per tank or 70ltrs for this equation 70/5.83=12.006, that's 70ltrs divided by 5.83 hundreds gives 12.006 liters per hundred

my R32 GTR has 261rwkw for daily duties, I filled up at the Shell servo around the corner from my house a St Marys then drove to Orange and back then around my area for a few days and got 673km from the tank and put 62 liters in which filled it back up

673/100= 6.73 62/6.73=9.21L/100km

um no, 10L/100km from 70ltrs is 700km so how is 12L/100km from 70ltrs 840km

since your trying to find units per hundred it's 70/12x100 which gives 583 from 70ltrs

to proof it,

you are working per 100km so you need to change the distance to number of hundreds, so 583/100=5.83 that's 5.83 hundreds

now how many hundreds per tank or 70ltrs for this equation 70/5.83=12.006, that's 70ltrs divided by 5.83 hundreds gives 12.006 liters per hundred

my R32 GTR has 261rwkw for daily duties, I filled up at the Shell servo around the corner from my house a St Marys then drove to Orange and back then around my area for a few days and got 673km from the tank and put 62 liters in which filled it back up

673/100= 6.73 62/6.73=9.21L/100km

Sorry it was a typo I was meant to write 72L not 70 cause a r32 gtr has a 72L tank.

I think I stuff it all up and its around 600km or something for 72L tank

Edited by seventhirteen