SAU Community

2014 Barbagallo Track Days

BCM-R33

Hay guys, as last years Wascc track days was such a awesome time, with meeting new people and shearing our passion with each other, and learning new things on every outing. I'm hoping this year will be much the same if not better :) so i hope to see every one down there from last year, and also would be great to see Alot more new faces to come come and have ago and get hooked on the track bug :) for new people thinking about coming down you will need to become a Wascc member, and get your cams license, all info is on ease web site. So by the looks of the calendar the next track day is on the 19th of February and starts at 8:00am. hope to see you all there :) cheers Bryce,

Hay johnny, hope you can get you car sorted out in time, and hope in February we get some nice weather. Last one I went out was a little to hot to be doing continues laps. Look faward to seeing you out there.Bryce

Nice work lads.

Cheers for starting this thread Bryce - we'll all keep in touch on here this year and I'm sure the topic will go hot in no time again!

Unfortunately I've had a few rather major mishaps of late (not just with the car but also personal circumstances) and my appearances with the R34 may be a bit limited for the start of the year.
But as a promise to all the great people I've already met through this and to the people who come out and get amongst the track days with their cars regardless of how modified they are, I will make a point of showing support/encouragement to you all this year as I did last year by coming out to the track when ever I can, whether it's having a blast out on the track with you, working on my video skills all around the track for you, or just having a good old chin wag and a laugh in the pits. May 2014 be an even better year at Barbagallo Raceway.
Hope all is well gang, keep in touch.
Cheers,

Brendan

• 4 weeks later...

Hay guys, I did not make it out there yesterday, did any One head out?? I'm still waiting on a part to arrive so I could not go. I'll be attending on March the 1st, will anyone be attending??? Cheers bryce

Guys please correct me if I'm wrong; All WASCC members who hold a CAMS L2 Speed licence or higher can NOT participate in "your car our track" events. We can only run in the "race tuning days".
I spoke with the Barbagallo office about it last week but then again, it wouldn't be the first time an office chick has been wrong.

Apparently the "your car our track" events have been introduced this year for safety reasons and to encourage the less experienced driver to enjoy their road cars on the track. The idea is that anyone who does NOT hold a CAMS L2 licence or higher can still get a WASCC membership and get out on the track (for additional fees) in a more relaxed environment without having to worry about blocking up the track for race cars and experienced, quicker drivers.

So most importantly, I hope to see you fellas out there this Friday 21st Feb for the tuning day and a catch up.

I am very happy to announce that I will be on track to put down some test laps in the blue monster and finally enjoy the 525rwhp it's now putting out ;-)
It's a rare occurrence so even if you can't get out on the track, feel free to come say g'day and hear the R34 screaming it's box off for a while.

Look forward to seeing you all out there.

Cheers

Bren

Not sure on that one Brendan, but ether way we can all run both events I'm guessing?? Just flash your l2 when asked and as long as you have membership. I will be attending the 1st of march one, will any one else be attending? Wish I could make it on the 21st it would be great to catch up and have a little play on the track :(

Brendan you are correct.

You CANNOT attend the "your car our track"

You must not have a Cams license or ever had a cams license to attend those.

It is for people to get into the sport.

That's a bummer, would be better if they actually state that on their website

Have renewed "your car our track" membership as well, i'm just going to rock up tomorrow and see how I go

EDIT: Have just rang the Barb office to confirm, tomorrow's "Your car our track" requires the L4 your car our track membership and Cams L2 license

Maybe they got confused with cams come and try day??

Anyway, will be heading out tomorrow and see how i go

Edited by ichi-go