SAU Community

Auto Transmission For Gtr To Hold 1000Hp.options?

SMDGTR

Hi guys, I have a r33 gtr, I'm looking to convert to autottrans, in order to get good times on drag strip.

What options do I have for a box that can withstand 1000hp.

Opinions and ideas would be great

Wasn't there a bunch that did adapted awd powerglides?

Thought I remember an advert somewhere. That's all I know.

C&V performance in NSW would be the people from memory. Adapter for a powerglide or at the least know who did it.

They built the RH8 32R that had over 1000rwkw. Safe to say it will hold 1000hp :-)

C&V performance in NSW would be the people from memory. Adapter for a powerglide or at the least know who did it. They built the RH8 32R that had over 1000rwkw. Safe to say it will hold 1000hp :-)

I'll try shooting off an email to c&v. its amazing that the GTR has been around for so long and there still isnt a set procedure as to high power with an auto.

thanks for your help #R31Nismoid

scratch that last question, that is an amazing launch, we are getting somewhere now.

does anyone no of any places i can get the TH400, and or a shop to modify to suit?

Why dont you have a chat to the owner of the car?

I don't know him, but after seeing the car on the strip, I think he is friendly with maatouks. Contact them see if they can point you the right direction.

#@PN-Mad

thankyou very much

I DID speak to maatouks, i beleive he said they were using ppg in the black r32.

theyve blown that box now, and have a factory one in the meantime till the next option arrises

I DID speak to maatouks, i beleive he said they were using ppg in the black r32.

theyve blown that box now, and have a factory one in the meantime till the next option arrises

Nah, ask about the diehard GTR.

I sold him my entire setup. When I built the box 1200hp was the aim so I built a 1500hp glide to suit but plans changed after I ordered a big precision turbo that we felt might push the rating of the box so iv decided to get another done with a billet case and some other small tweaks.

Mv automatics did the orginal 4wd conversion and built a glide to suit which turned into a nightmare. There one of very few places that do the conversion and after dealing with them I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.