SAU Community

Beware - R33 Gtr For Sale In Sydney (Part 2)

One of my favourite threads "Beware - R34 Gtr" - 17 pages, 15 months later and still causing mayhem. It was highly amusing to see this forum mentioned in one of Phil Lees youtube videos. Ranked 2nd when googling "edward lees" - a web SEO experts worst nightmare.

So... new year, fresh stock - time to share the love and give Phil a break from all the limelight hogging.

carsales.com.au no longer display VIN by default as part of a used car for sale ad on the web (this sux). They still store the information and display it in their Apps (Android, IOS, WinRT) however.

A7C7x4V.png

BCNR33-023075 - 79,310 kms

YEyp18O.jpg

E83fl5ms.jpg yuqZl01s.jpg QjeZFv1s.jpg

Sold for 425,000 yen or roughly $12,000 landed and complied.

Edited by dodgyimports

At least it looks like a relatively honest car from the auction sheet, just significantly overpriced given the kilometres.

Look at this example:

"Unmolested" and "mint" aren't words that immediately spring to mind when viewing the video...

Edited by BuuBox

At least it looks like a relatively honest car from the auction sheet, just significantly overpriced given the kilometres.

Look at this example:

"Unmolested" and "mint" aren't words that immediately spring to mind when viewing the video...

As much as I disagree that -110,000kms constitutes "relatively honest" it is fair to say the one in your linked video is some of Phils 'best' work...

0OLi7yQ.jpg

"Honest" was the wrong word, but it looks like an acceptable car (e.g. not R grade and has a clean interior). You'd consider buying it at an appropriate price.

Not all that surprised at the R32 auction sheet. Can you see how much it sold for?

It's a nice earner for the unethical.

The auction sheet shows that R32 has corrosion, accident damage, lots of changed parts - the bad news goes on and on. It's barely good enough to be a half cut.

As much as I disagree that -110,000kms constitutes "relatively honest" it is fair to say the one in your linked video is some of Phils 'best' work...

0OLi7yQ.jpg

only has 91,000kms according to the auction sheet and they still gave it a hair cut and only has 73,000kms on it now

I think you're missing the point here mate. The point is that the auction sheet shows 189,000 and the advert now shows the car to have 79,310km. Yet another dodgy dealer scamming the unsuspecting/naive public by offering a car for sale that they say has done 40% of its actual mileage.

How and why are these importers are getting away with this still? It's an absolute joke.

That's a massive haircut. And it's hugely overpriced even for a clean stocker - some of the private cars you can buy here are much better. <br /><br />Should send all this info to the dept of fair trading its just plain fraud

I don't know how this bloke sleeps at night honestly, must have zero conscience.

For the sake of clarity - we are talking about at least two distinct 'blokes' in this thread. The R33 GTR is not for sale at Edward Lees but another dealership down the road (yes, the R32 below it is an Ed Lees special).

Unfortunately no sheep stations on offer for the first to correctly guess which other dealership.

Edited by dodgyimports

I went to look at an RX7 at Lee's. I mentioned I was part of SAU and he had a rant about how the forums are always bullshitting about his business. I just nodded and backed away. I honestly think he believes he's not selling people heaps of shit. Which is to say he's f**king delusional.

• Like 1

Lol unmolested not a boosted boy racer! Aftermarket exhaust & intercooler...Pops the bonnet engine oil cooler,aftermarket radiator, hard pipe kit, oil filter relocation kit,catch can, aftermarket fuel rail & pod filters :D

All signs of being a boosted boy racer maybe? ;)

Edited by Mick_o

Well the car is advertised for sale on their website, they can't expect people not to look at it / discuss it:

http://www.uniquemotors.com.au/stock/1996-nissan-skyline-gtr-3250/

All their cars have the VIN displayed on the website, would be interesting to see what the rest of their stock is like.

V36 350GT with 33,804km:

http://www.uniquemotors.com.au/stock/2006-nissan-skyline-v36-350gt-premium-3193/

R32 GTR with 111,037km:

http://www.uniquemotors.com.au/stock/1994-nissan-skyline-r32-gt-r-3202/

I think you're missing the point here mate. The point is that the auction sheet shows 189,000 and the advert now shows the car to have 79,310km. Yet another dodgy dealer scamming the unsuspecting/naive public by offering a car for sale that they say has done 40% of its actual mileage.

How and why are these importers are getting away with this still? It's an absolute joke.

Just to clarify, I wasn't defending winding 110,000 kms off the odometer.

I do think it's worse to tart up a R grade car with accident damage, dubious modifications and rust and advertise it as "mint" and "unmolested", compared to taking a reasonable 3A grade car and lopping off the kilometers.

Both ultimately amount to fraud though.

For the sake of clarity - we are talking about at least two distinct 'blokes' in this thread. The R33 GTR is not for sale at Edward Lees but another dealership down the road (yes, the R32 below it is an Ed Lees special).

Unfortunately no sheep stations on offer for the first to correctly guess which other dealership.

Sorry for derailing the thread slightly. That R32 came up on my Youtube front page and I had to share its horrors.