SAU Community

White R33 Stolen From Altona

Bond

After moving back to Melbourne from the country only 3 months ago i woke up during the night to hear my R33 being driven away. I had just given the car a once over and fitted a new O2 sensor at 8:00pm last night and fired it up for the first time in a month (been away with work).

I bought the car off here 7 years ago and spent a bit of time getting it to how I liked it but in reality it has been a super reliable daily driver with not having to spend a cent on anything.

There isn't too many good parts on it to strip as most of it is stock besides the turbo, return flow cooler and rims. Where do parts like this get advertised?

For all you guys that spend a lot of time and $$$ on your cars, do what i was GOING to do and fit a GPS tracker. They are very cheap now and I feel stupid for not having one hooked up.

post-52978-0-59816500-1390949707_thumb.jpg

post-52978-0-62941000-1390949836_thumb.jpg

post-52978-0-34405500-1390949888_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bond

It's a quiet secondary street with absolutely no traffic so i'm guessing someone has spotted it and followed me some time. The worst part is that i heard it while i was half asleep and as we woke up i could still hear it. I turned to my mrs and said "gee that car sounded good".

Has anyone had any luck with gps trackers? Surely if you left it all quiet for 24hrs and then busted your car in their garage/warehouse a few pricks would get caught.There must be plenty on here who know exactly who is responsible for the majority if these thefts.

ref the tagging.

lets say some-one sees it and knows I live in the area.

they tag me so it pops up in my facebook feed so I know to keep a look out.

that's how the community tries to look after itself.

Same as I read this and I've seen you around the millers road area so I know what the car looks like and will be keeping an eye out for it.

we do try and help each other out.

• Like 1

Fair enough but i'm skeptical.

You sure it was mine? I have literally driven it only 3 times in the last 3 months (since i moved back to melb).

I spoke to another neighbor tonight and he confirmed that he heard my car go down the street, do a U turn and come back again! Got me stuffed.

• Like 1

I'm sorry to hear about this and hope you can have your car recovered.

I can nearly feel your pain as I had my car attempted to be stolen two weeks ago, but something must have stopped them, either passing traffic or the immobiliser.

Don't be too skeptical. I sometimes think the same thing, the theifs are tagging their mates and laughing.. BUT there has been plenty of cases where someone on facebook has followed a stolen car, and called the owner and police and it's been a happy ending story.

I really hope you get the car back, 7 years is a long time to own a car and shows us that you love it and have looked after it.

About trackers....

I was looking into them for our GTR and made some enquires at Austech, a Aussie Tech forum thats into the tech side of these things.

The answer was you can freely buy blockers online to jamb the signal, all the theif needs to do is place it in or on the car and turn it on, jambs the signal.

May explain why so many cars with trackers are still disappearing......

Good luck with the search, hope it turns up in one piece undamaged.

I have been keeping an eye out for your car mate. I live in hoppers

To be honest i don't drive my r34 anywhere but work where it's kept an eye

On all day and on the odd occasion to a mates house again kept an

Eye on. At home straight in the garage all locked up with alarm on.

Though it's insured and i would get a nice payout if it got stolen

It took me a long time to find an original unmolested car and i want to keep it.

Hopefully you get it back not destroyed.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok it's been 2 weeks and rang up insurance to get the ball rolling. They asked all the same questions again, asked for the police file number, pictures and how many km it had. This is going to hurt me big time! I have owned the car for 7 years and bought it with 114,000km, last time i looked it had either 124k, 126k or 128k. It has never been serviced by anyone besides myself. In 7 years it hasn't needed any mechanical work so never seen a shop. How do i prove the low km?? I have no pictures of the dash.

The cars was only swapped to RACV in 2012 (along with everything else) and I asked if they had the details from then. Apparently they don't care how many km are on a car when it gets insured.

An ideas? Willing to do a stat dec (the copper in charge said to do this) but RACV say that isn't good enough.