SAU Community

Rb26 Vct Build?

Tumic

Hi!

Does anyone have any good info or guide to a RB26 vct build/setup.

Im currently building a RB30/26 here in Sweden and going for around 500whp on E85 with a high comp setup, and looking in to do a vct build if it's not at a NASA level of build..

Looking to make the engine as responsive as i can without going for at 3.4L kit..

//Jesse

No, not the HKS system that costs more than my car, i have seen people using the rb25 stock nvcs on the rb26.

No one in Sweden have done it, and it's very little info about it on the web about the actual swap more than it can be done...

I have read that thread, the main thing is the adapter block for the cam i would like som info on.

I allready have a 26 head, and the NEO head is super rare in Sweden, so going for the neo head is not an option for me.

With an RB30 unless it's a total pig should smash 500HP on E85 with the right turbo/s.

Don't quote me on it but I read somewhere that even the HKS V Cam setup only increased performance marginally.

• 6 months later...

and was some talk here about using 25 vct parts, I think elite racing/the dan was doing something if you want to read through

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/251820-got-over-400kw-atw/page-51

The Dan stoped responding my PM:S and did not give away any info (i said i was willing to buy all the parts from elite racing but doing the machine work on the head myself du to de freight cost sending my head from Sweden to AU and back again..

But still on square one so if anyone have any Good input on cam choice etc i would be happy..

VCT will only give you 20 degrees correct?

Vcam uses the VQ35 hydraulic actuator, usually giving 40 degrees, but Nismo made a modified 50 degree setup for it. If you can get that to work, as in not hit the valves on pistons, it will give some pretty good midrange gains over VCT I imagine.