SAU Community

Gt3076R Antics , Better Late Than Never .

E42 (42.5) just happens to be where I can get acceptable injector control and its easy to mix . Now that the United near work has it it's easy to get . Eflex is closer to home but 50 50 with that is E35 and they charge a bit more per litre of ethanol than United does . If you try to make E42 out of Eflex you need 12 of that and 8 of 98 and it gets too easy to screw it up . I have red jerries and black ones and add one of each in the high price cycle times out of my stash , bought when the cycle is low . Fug the Oil co's .

What injectors are you currently running again? I recall something off the shelf Jap ones.

Why not just run straight E85/80 (whatever us coming out of yhe bowser)? I'll put my car on the juice when it's tax return time, that way we can have a better comparison on ignition maps :)

What do you mean OE style Disco?

The short EV14's are 750, 1000 and 2000. There are also the new short 1400cc stainless internal e85 injectors...

If only someone would make an adapter to use top feeds in the side feed rail. You have the Neo rail there though don't you?

Yeah a while back I bought a Neo , Stag actually , fuel rail from Just Jap . I gather later RB Stags are the same as GTt rail wise ?

By OE I meant unmodified standard Bosch , I was wondering if they did anything in the 5-600cc range . I'd like to see the difference spray pattern wise between their biggest standard EV14 and a modified one like an Xspurt or ID . You're probably going to say just buy a set of those , I'm just trying to explore all possibilities to get the best all round result and accurate injector control is part of that . I'd like to be able to have 15:1 petrol type cruise mixtures and to do that I reckon you need injectors with good patterns at low flow rates .

1400cc versions I've only heard mentioned once before , I thought the stainless ones were 1300cc .

Latest update is that slightly more advanced timing did help the up to atmo manifold pressure and low boost torque even at sub 2000 revs . I suppose every time you take restrictions out of a turbo engines hot side you can screw more timing in at least at low boost pressures . Torque wise it's getting more like what the GTRS could do at low revs but mainly at constant loads and speeds , asking it to spin up and make power from low revs/gears and an accelerating engine is a different story . This would be the greater inertia and larger housings causing the turbine to lag behind engine revs until there is enough exhaust energy to kick it in the ribs .

Anyhow I'll give it a bit more advance in the same areas and see if it continues to Improve . Injectors have to wait a bit longer $ wise ATM but that will be the next mod .

A .

Not all the Xspurt injectors are modified, the smaller ones such as 300, 525 are original, they trim the plate off the front to extend the flow rates to 750 and 1000. These still have a great spray pattern though when compared to other 1000's, but they like high fuel pressure.

The 1400cc stainless injectors aren't a Bosch core, they are a new Denso or something. Not even listed under their Xspurt brand... I haven't tried a set yet, although I was thinking of upgrading mine to them at some point. I will be buying a set for the Evo too no doubt, as they are the largest petrol injector they have available, and it's designed for ethanol/methanol.

http://www.injectorsonline.com/indivprod.php?cid=74&scid=11

• 5 months later...

Have had some interesting conversations with fairly on the know Garrett associated people's.... which made me think of Disco. The impending releases may result in some interesting threads appearing ;)

Let me guess. They're finally releasing the NS111 turbine in GT30 size?

I've made one my self, Its horribly laggy, I then decided to grind it down to 55mm for drive ability. There is a good reason why GT30x was made with an extra blade in the wheel. Take GTRS reading, using identical blade profile, every 1mm increase in diameter = 150RPM of lag, so you can work it out.

• Like 1

About the only thing the TR30 turbine shared roughly was the exducer diameter at ~ 60mm .

Turbine housings were also unique as were the style of compressor wheel screwed on the other end .

The GT30 UHP turbine , like most in that family , were designed for diesel applications and partly the reason why the trim size is 84 . HKS merely asked Garrett to cast them in higher temp materials and fit a shaft to suit the GT25BB centre sections .

As for the smaller NS111 turbine , I always thought it looked like a development of the one used in the GTiRs T28 turbo . They were 10 bladed and used a larger 79 trim size from memory , both the car and the turbo were a flop effectively .

Everyone including Garretts engineers know they can do better than the GT30 UHP but I reckon they only ever will for an OE high volume app where someone else is paying the development costs .

BW seems to have the best all round turbines ATM so if Garrett is serious about being competitive the materials have to change .

A .

The 48T was the smallest and the 52 the mid trim .

Too busy with other things like working all round the clock and Saturday Sunday are just another day .

When I can get enough days off together it'll eventually go to Insight for a change of injectors rail reg and a tune .

I recently changed back to EFlex because the altered E85 made my car grumpy and gave poor fuel consumption - no matter how I tuned it . Plus I was paying 116.9L for E70 and its closer to home . United is near work but if I changed jobs its a 90 min round trip to replentish my stash - screw that . Getting ~ 400/tank mostly round town .

What I can say for sure is that this 52T is not laggy with a 0.82 IW housing , the engine itself could make a little more bottom end torque but its 148K old now and probably getting tired . 18 year old car with turbo tech that's older than that .

A .

Let me guess. They're finally releasing the NS111 turbine in GT30 size?

Not necessarily that - but possibly to similar effect in terms of frustration for the likes of yourself and Disco. We shall see.

Not necessarily that - but possibly to similar effect in terms of frustration for the likes of yourself and Disco. We shall see.

Something which sits in the 50lb/min flow range would have been my second guess...

Such a tease.

• 2 weeks later...

You won't find anything, yet - but trust me, there will be stuff soon. I'm figuring you know me well enough that I won't say something like this unfounded :)

As a general idea, expect to see gaps filled in the Garrett turbine range... for sake of arguement, between GT28 and GT30s, GT30s and GT35s and GT35s and GT40s - and where necessary, the compressors to suit the matches.

An interesting one for example will probably be the GTW3476R :)