SAU Community

Emtron Ecus

Saw that Scott from Insight has released these late last year. Did a quick search and not much on SAU about them, are they any good and worth the investment?

New brand would always have a few bugs to iron out wouldn't they?

• 7 months later...

just spoke to dave at insight scott is in the us of a probably prepping for Sema he quoted me $3k+ for the Emtron I'm still not sold on it as he is the only guy capable so far for tuning it and if you know insight there always flat stick!!

I think these are the ones my tuner was telling me about a while ago. Says they are an awesome bit of gear, if you can use it to its full cabability. So many inputs and outputs and will do just about anything. But this is going back a while so I don't remember in great deal what was said (or even if he was talking about these, although pretty sure Emtron sounds right) so my input might not be terribly valid

Basically, if you have been getting by with a Power FC, one of these is probably overkill. If you have use for all the functions then they are a good thing

• Like 2

I nearly got one of these but they weren't quite ready when I needed an ecu so I ended up with a Syvecs S8

From what I've heard from scott about these they are an awsome piece of gear and I believe they slot in between the M*00 series Motecs and the new M1* series which is about the same level as my S8 ( the backbone of the Alpha R35 kits )

They have patch looms for a few cars already and I believe they have one for R32-34 GTRs, and can pretty quickly make one for any Nissan

And for the price I was quoted for supply fit and tune ( not full retail so I wont say what that was, but that was still less then the S8 ecu alone ) you would want to be fairly serious about the engine management and be looking at a Motorsport/track use

• 1 year later...

I'm interested to know if anyone's gone any further with Emtron ECUs since this thread was last updated . I was speaking to Scott earlier in the week briefly about them and I like the idea of a more modern EMS that can take advantage of factory knock sensors and tune closer to the edge safely . He said that he is happier to do flex tuning with these systems than earlier ones and make full use use of fuel temp and pressure sensing .

I've gone back to 98ULP but I would like the ability to use E70 and be able to gas up anywhere , who wouldn't .

Thoughts , cheers Adrian .

I know Efi up on the gold coast have installed a fair few. I think piggaz is getting one too?

Does seem more like a track focused ecu though, i did get a quote for one but something like a link g4+ offers a better blend of price/performance for my setup.

7 minutes ago, sneakey pete said:

I know Efi up on the gold coast have installed a fair few. I think piggaz is getting one too?

Does seem more like a track focused ecu though, i did get a quote for one but something like a link g4+ offers a better blend of price/performance for my setup.

Nick (Intune) has had one installed also. Both his and mine are KV8's. A little more expensive than the usual "Link plug in/Haltech whatever/blah blah" but it has more inputs and outputs then you can poke a stick at. All depends on what you plan on running with it.

You can get a patch loom made so you don't have to hack up your factory loom.

I can't remember if Scott said they had or have a plug in version in the pipe to suit an R33 . I just think these KV8s sound like they use more OEM type strategies than the usual offerings . Things like volumetric efficiency tables and short/long term trim settings , more like a true self learning system than simply having closed loop oxygen sensing trying to trim conventional load/speed map systems . 

He said these are aimed at motorsport applications and I guess like the current eco raped emissions engines competition engines need tighter control over what's happening running close to knock and temp limits . Race engines often have to have fuel consumption limits because of limited fuel stops/weight etc . I suppose emissions will be the next thing on the race engine hit list .

Anyway that aside I think tuning close to the limits safely gets the most out of whatever engine you have particularly when not driven at WOT and high revs . The things you can still call a car today feel reasonably crisp and have a broad spread of torque starting pretty early . I don't think its all purely the physical engine itself , modern engine management and tuning would have a big say in how these hot lean burn engines perform . By comparison an RB is a true dinosaur but getting a bit more out of them with smart electronics and tuning can't hurt .

A .