SAU Community

Rb20/25/26 Clear Cam Gear Covers

Robert5995

Hi, All -

This is not a "for sale" post, it is a "I just wanted you all to know that I will be making these soon" post.

At the right time, I will become a vendor here and market them through the approprtiate channels here on the forum.

There is a part in the mold that I can swap out to make the ones "with intake bulge" and the ones with the flat front. It "should" only be another month or two, thanks!

- Rob S.

post-113911-0-77832300-1397309268_thumb.jpg

Edited by Robert5995

• 4 weeks later...

A point of clarification: There will be an insert in the mold which will allow two types of clear cam gear cover to be made: ones with the VCT bulge, and ones with a flat surface instead. That way, I can fit the RB20 as well as the RB25 engine types, thanks!

- RobZaklee

• 6 months later...

See them here: www.ZakleeCorp.com

I'm offering the RB20 and RB25 cover, as well as a Bolt Kit, in case you have lost or damaged your 20-year old bolts from Nissan.

Thanks!

- Rob@Zaklee

Can you make the rb25 cover without the bulge on the front left. I'm running aftermarket cams so I don't need that clearance bulge :)

Hi, Skud -

I wasn't counting on this question when I designed the mold. After careful consideration, let me say, with apologies, that you are probably much more the exception than the rule, and modifying the mold to be able to have the option to make it flat on the exhaust side isn't a great business model for me.

- Rob@Zaklee

Hi, Xklaba -

I used to have examples of the stock RB25 and RB26 covers in my shop, and they are different, sadly. The profile of the 26 is curved, where the profile of the 25/26 is more like "faceted". I'm not sure the bolt pattern is different. If I were you, I would find a shop that has the 25 and the 26 covers, stock, and compare them for similarity of bolt pattern before I would try to bolt a 25 cover on the front of a 26 engine.

Actually, if you could find the stamped sheet metal piece that bolts to the front of the RB26 head, and a stock RB25/20 front cover, you could verify the bolt pattern that way. Great question!

- Rob@Zaklee

That was a suggestion for Joey :)

Personally I have no deers eyes about RB25s, I have the greddy clear cover on my 32 and know Nitto make one also for the RB26 and just thought he might look into that cause I know people have put the 26 covers on 25s but I don't know what's involved in doing so :/

• Like 1

That was a suggestion for Joey :)

Personally I have no deers eyes about RB25s, I have the greddy clear cover on my 32 and know Nitto make one also for the RB26 and just thought he might look into that cause I know people have put the 26 covers on 25s but I don't know what's involved in doing so :/

I've looked into it, the rb26 covers won't fit :(

• 3 months later...

Gents -

The RB26 cover is a great distance off in the future, if at all. Making molds for clear cam gear covers is a long, arduous journey, as well as very expensive. I am far from paying off the RB20/25 mold at this point. Also, with someone else currently having a mold for the RB26, the prospects for Zaklee making one are dim.

The Zaklee product line can be browsed easily, just go here: www.ZakleeCorp.com.

Thanks, Mates!

- Rob@Zaklee

• 3 weeks later...