SAU Community

Theft Attempt At Tottenham Train Station

milanr34

Just a small fyi for the people in the west.

I was staying over at the missis place in the west and I parked my car at the Tottenham Train station as I went to work (2nd time ever parking there).

Finished work as I was getting closer to the car my keys started to ring, somebody tried to steal it. They ripped out the two alarm horns i had, got through one of the imobolisers, completly fkd up the ignition barel, door lock is snapped in and some interior dmg.

They knew what they were doing but thankfully having back up imobolisers helped out as they couldnt take it.

Cops came did the report, pictures, dust prints etc...they told me that this is the 7th case this week they are responding to, there are cameras on the station but i doubt they will see anything.

Will keep this thread updates as I hear some news.

RACV is gettig everything fixed. Its my first claim can somebody give some feedback on them? Also on the repairer Mr Gloss Hallam?

Cheers

post-97314-0-78201700-1397788863_thumb.jpg

post-97314-0-81439300-1397788873_thumb.jpg

I feel for you cos it wasn't long ago that I came back to my car with the drivers window down, bonnet open, alarm cut out, and ignition barrel smashed.

It might be cheaper to DIY than to pay your insurance excess. A new ignition barrel with set of matching locks cost me <$150 and sirens were purchased from Jaycar.

• Like 1

Yea lesson learnt i guess, will have to buy a bum car to go from a to b.

Problem is that I have no clue how to change the barrel plus they damaged the interior as well, excess is only $500 so it will kinda work out. Plus they have to replace the alarm so yea will see how we go with the cameras and all that.

Sucks to hear. On a positive note. Your car didn't get stolen.

For trolls, would be funny if someone setup a sting. Thief tries to steal the car and 3 c*nts appear with baseball bats...

• Like 2

For trolls, would be funny if someone setup a sting. Thief tries to steal the car and 3 c*nts appear with baseball bats...

this needs to happen.

Sucks to hear. On a positive note. Your car didn't get stolen.

Funny thing is that a lot of my friends said the same thing haha.

• 5 months later...

Just to give an update.

Car had an immobiliser properly installed so they couldn't drive away with it. Cops did the usual powder, pics report etc etc. I keep following up on the case and they said they have some suspects (think its the kids from the west who got done just a while ago) I will post an update if I hear anything

Im with RACV and the whole thing didnt take long to do. Im from South East so they found a rep shop which is in hallam. Only problem was the ignition barrel as mine was a series 2. Had the car for two weeks and came back perfect.

Better that they damage the car then drive away with it, so make sure you get alarm/immobiliser properly installed.

My mates Mrs drives an Audi and her car got broken into at Laverton station last week. Window was smashed and car was raided. No attempt at taking the car though.

My Mrs drives a Territory and her car was parked next to Audi and wasn't touched.

Life lesson, drive a Ford as a daily and you'll live a happy life :P

A friend of mine has an A4 or A5 and theirs was broken into and they went straight for the glovebox. Apparently they come from the dealer with the spare 'Valet' key sitting in the Warranty Handbook and the majority of owners don't know about it or forget to remove it... So they get stolen using a key which is inside the car :|

A friend of mine has an A4 or A5 and theirs was broken into and they went straight for the glovebox. Apparently they come from the dealer with the spare 'Valet' key sitting in the Warranty Handbook and the majority of owners don't know about it or forget to remove it... So they get stolen using a key which is inside the car :|

Spot on Simon, I think the thieves may have been scared off as her key was still in the handbook. It looked like they were scared off partway through as only some items were missing.

if that happened, its not even a stolen car. also no insurance will cover you.

just a little fun fact, if someone breaks into your house and gets your keys from your bed side or kithen for instance, and takes your car... its not covered by insurance.

Key in the car maybe, but I find that last one hard to believe^

I know if you willingly hand someone keys to drive your car it's not stolen, but there's a difference when a theft of your property (keys) has occurred...no different to someone rolling you in the street for your keys and making off with your car. Would be ridiculous for any insurance company to deny that claim just because the thief had a key and didn't hotwire it. A police report for the theft and you'd be able to take that one up with the insurance company @ VCAT.

basically its your responsibility to keep your keys safe. if they are on the kitchen bench then its not safe, at this point its your battle with the insurer.