SAU Community

M35 Turbo Upgrade.

FIA510

....and now whats funnier to me is your copying my old setup Tao?

So what is it Tao....you should have listened to us in the first place?, we are all liars?, or you know better?

P.S. Can you share this with your little Boosted bro Tao?...he has a problem with search engines like G O O G L E!!!!

Great work guy's....I'll be definitely pointing people in your direction in future. Cannot wait to get one on a car up here in NSW.

Love this community and how it works together.

he is probably talking about jason from boosted brothers. jason acted like a complete dickhead last time this whole turbo thing was brought up.

Everyone wanted answers and confirmation on what the deal was with a few peoples builds and turbos, jason came in accusing everyone of this that and the other while acting like a child.

• Like 1

Ill go make some popcorn... this i feel is about to get interesting

I hope it doesn't escalate....would be a pity to delete such a vital thread.

I already know how this will play out. Tao will go and get results.....we will ask to use the same Dyno with our tuner and he wont tell us who it was. Or he will play fair and go to the the same tuner and see what his results are.

P.s. The 30/71r BB core may produce more....but....the cost of setup is quite significant for maybe a 5kw to 10KW advantage and a slower response(not ramp up)....and as we know with the M35...the more lag the harder to move. I might mention here that I wanted the 30/71 core because it was more suited to my needs of track sessions....not because I wanted to blast off a Mitsi evo IV at a set of lights.

Cannot wait to get one on a car up here in NSW.

Love this community and how it works together.

I think my ss1 needs to go on sale and have this fitted up with my car and the adaptronic and leave the car with jez to play for a while

Thanks to Scotty for the how to on getting my car to stall up off the line. I can now get a little chirp rather than mountains of lag now. Takes a laughable 10-18seconds but gets to about 11-12.6psi on bp98 now. I might look at the antilag function of the EMU again to bring the stallup time down.

Matt

post-49288-14488000571982_thumb.jpg

post-49288-14488000716881_thumb.jpg

Yup. So I haven't been able to get the car to do it again. Seems the timing gets massively controlled (cams too) when Intake temps get over 45degrees. So I'm moving the temp sensor to the inter cooler pipe since I'm running a MAP sensor only it should be more relevant

Yup. So I haven't been able to get the car to do it again. Seems the timing gets massively controlled (cams too) when Intake temps get over 45degrees. So I'm moving the temp sensor to the inter cooler pipe since I'm running a MAP sensor only it should be more relevant

You mean the temp sensor in the AFM or have you wired in another and fed it back to the stock ecu?

A simple resistor should work instead of the afm temp sensor shouldn't it?

Yep the afm thermistor. I have it on the intercooler outlet now.

So I worked out how to get it to launch.

It's the wastegate. It opens up when hot by itself. Probably because of the bigger puck. No line connected boost is 14psi in first. No line connected also lets me get it up on stall and improves much needed response. So Scotty! The waste gate spring mod you do is exactly what these big puck jobbies need. I'm going to mod my Borg Warner EFR can or get another one from Tao since he already offered.

Opens at 3250 with line connected and

Opens at 3500 without any boost line connected

Edited by BoostdR

Just did some analysts on the logs. Having proper gate control makes a considerable difference. Should be better still with a new wastegate can with stiffer spring.

1st gear

4000 4250 4500 4750

Gate no line 9.7 12.6 16.5 21.2

Gate w line 3.3 5.4 11.9 19.2

post-49288-14488848735215_thumb.jpg

post-49288-14488848826381_thumb.jpg

post-49288-14488848948771_thumb.jpg

post-49288-14488849044825_thumb.jpgpost-49288-14488849119093_thumb.jpg