SAU Community

M35 Turbo Upgrade.

FIA510

Cheers Matt.

Once i have a bit of time i'll be chatting to you more. I was impressed with your knowledge.

My exhaust is sorted and it's freaking amazing (pics to come in the other thread) so this is my next job to look at.... and the damn electronic throttle :P

(oh and that reminds me to add the old 3inch exhaust + dump to my "things to sell" list)

Edited by Beregron
  • Like 1

Just installed my Garrett GTX high flow from by Hypergear. Holds 16psi on HDI cooler kit and 3 inches cat back with no boost controller. Car pulled much harder through out the whole rev range, not laggy at all. Will get at some ID1000 and Emanage, will share my result shortly.

Just installed my Garrett GTX high flow from by Hypergear. Holds 16psi on HDI cooler kit and 3 inches cat back with no boost controller. Car pulled much harder through out the whole rev range, not laggy at all. Will get at some ID1000 and Emanage, will share my result shortly.

Can i assume this isn't for an M35 Stagea?

If it is i'll always enjoy seeing peoples results.

If not i'm not sure how relevant it will be mate.

Cheers

I think it's a M35 highflow with Garrett core and GTX 3071 wheels...

Ask Tao about upgrading your actuator to his current style. I feel this will make a considerable difference to spool for not much $

• Like 1

The chra number in my M35 high flow comes up as an GTX3071. It goes really untuned, I have no complaints.

Don't know if that was covered, I've removed a bleeder jet that was connected from the actuator source to factory induction pipe. That have made a noticeable difference to down low response. The actuator fitted to mine holds 14psi directly sourced, or 17psi with bleeder before it cuts out. Try that and see if it works for you.

Dump pipe and exhaust is the first thing to do.

That alone makes a massive difference on these.

Look around for used SS1 spec high flows.

A few blokes here chasing more power and thinking of selling theirs.

SS1 : more torque

SS2 : more power

Iv just purchaced a 2002 nm35 stagea and by research i may need to invest in a new turbo soon as mine has done 115k which most seem to go by then. I would like abit more power so what sort or mods and turbo should i be looking at for 200kw? Thanks

I have an SS1 with supporting mods that pushes 230kw atw. So if 200 is your goal that will do the job.

I would consider selling my ss1 with an exchange for your stock turbo as I am now chasing a lot more power

• Like 2

Dump pipe and exhaust is the first thing to do.

That alone makes a massive difference on these.

Look around for used SS1 spec high flows.

A few blokes here chasing more power and thinking of selling theirs.

SS1 : more torque

SS2 : more power

There is literally no downside to going SS2 over SS1 (if you're referring to the Precision Turbochargers Sierra Stage 1 & 2). The SS2 has vastly more torque than the SS1, and out muscles it for power as well.

Untuned; my SS2 equipped ran a 13.8 1/4 mile time, Versus a similarly modded SS1 equipped Stagea which ran a 14.3.

There is no comparison, even on the tiny amount more lag.

Iv just purchaced a 2002 nm35 stagea and by research i may need to invest in a new turbo soon as mine has done 115k which most seem to go by then. I would like abit more power so what sort or mods and turbo should i be looking at for 200kw? Thanks

Hypergear use Garrett ball bearing cores now, their latest RV1 is a GT2971and I've got their RV5 which is a GTX3071. I've driven Stao's Stagea (hdi cooler, pod and exhaust only) with RV1 high flow, that felt like a stock turbo with bit more power, no boost creep.

Mine's cutting out at 152awkws, You will need front mount cooler, injectors, exhaust and piggy back ecu for 200awkws.

Hypergear use Garrett ball bearing cores now, their latest RV1 is a GT2971and I've got their RV5 which is a GTX3071. I've driven Stao's Stagea (hdi cooler, pod and exhaust only) with RV1 high flow, that felt like a stock turbo with bit more power, no boost creep.

Mine's cutting out at 152awkws, You will need front mount cooler, injectors, exhaust and piggy back ecu for 200awkws.

Stao's Stagea?

Is that the one that developed a "gearbox problem" and abruptly ended up with a bunch of rods hanging through the side of the block?

Or is that the new one?

I wouldn't say the votes are in on Hypergear's current crop of NM35 Highflows; hopefully he can get on top of it.

152kw is basically what a stock car produces! Picking the right turbo for these cars is the make or break decision that gives you either; an absolutely fantastic car, or a steaming pile of shit.

Before my car was tuned; it produced 179kw @19psi with an Precision Turbochargers SS2 highflow, HDi Intercooler, 2.5" suction pipe, 3" dump to tip exhaust with a 100 cell cat, and Walbro pump.

It then went on to produce 226kw @ 13psi after fitting and HDi Max-rom subcomputer. This was with stock injectors, and reg.

Recently Lakes101 ran 245 kw @17psi (I think) with essentially the same supporting mods as mine (including Max-rom); but notably with main difference being the awesome Intense Billet RS highflow.

245awkw on STOCK INJECTORS.

• Like 3

152kw!! On a gtx3071! I ran 176kw an the stock turbo with Walbro pump HDI intercooler and 3" exhaust. You should be pulling at least that with that turbo. Not familiar with tao's (stao's) turbos as I've never had one but honestly haven't heard good things about them.

Once I upgrades to the intense billet RS turbo and 2.5 intake I pulled 245kw on stock injectors.

• Like 1

152kw!! On a gtx3071! I ran 176kw an the stock turbo with Walbro pump HDI intercooler and 3" exhaust. You should be pulling at least that with that turbo. Not familiar with tao's (stao's) turbos as I've never had one but honestly haven't heard good things about them.

Once I upgrades to the intense billet RS turbo and 2.5 intake I pulled 245kw on stock injectors.

152kw on stock ecu and injectors. boost cut at 14psi lol. I've looked at the intense Rs, problem is they can't run anything less then 30psi, Car is my daily, no local E85 pumps.

Hypergear's got a totally different rep in other crowds. They are working another M35.

Those results kinda speak for themselves.I assume this was running E85 and decent boost?