SAU Community

M35 Turbo Upgrade.

FIA510

Yep I have fcon v pro currently installed. Still debating what to do with the auto trans and how to beef it up a little

What you are suggesting could well make 3 times the stock torque, if not more. If you have the Transgo kit fitted you may be ok for a while, if you drive it nice.

How far off is this high flow option scotty? Thinking I need to sell my ss1 and go something capable of a bit more power

I should have some by the end of the week, or early the week after I am hoping. Then I will fit one to my car and test it out with the Link Fury running the show. Big few weeks coming up...

• Like 2

Yep I have the transgo kit installed.I think i know the company you speak of, the one you have to send them in part of your box then it gets sent back after the mods?

That would be the valve body, which you have already upgraded to some extent.

To handle more torque you need to increase the amount of clutch plates in the clutch packs by using thinner drive plates, not just bump the pressures up.

I feel the TCU reprogram is the key(2nd to stronger internals). Changing the shift duration via a transgo reprogram kit helps much less than it should due to the TCU compensating for the changes(pulling them back towards stock).

Edited by BoostdR

I noticed Borg Warner EFR's were mentioned earlier. This would be the ultimate option as I feel these are the best spooling turbo available on the market. Precision will make more power as they aren't limited by shaft speed but an EFR will smash it in average power/drive ability. I have one on my race car and spool is similar to stock. Transient response is excellent and below spool boost is available from idle. The design also allows for a large turbine which is great for reducing heat and back pressure. We recently installed one on an IPRASA car and it went another second faster over the previous Garrett unit with a restrictor. I'll post a vid of my WRX which runs a 6758 to show response. Mine does have anti lag but it was more for the crowd as it doesn't need it at all, it makes boost free revving.

So install wise of this long turbo on a Stagea could be achieved as the mount angle can be up to 15 degrees(advertised) due to the double oil seals they run. Mine is around 20 degrees and has no problems. I've seen the cosworth WRX run one at over 30degrees. I guess what I'm trying to say is if a kit could be made, you would be in the money.

Here are some pics of my install on the rex

post-49288-1444196101907_thumb.jpgpost-49288-14441961219567_thumb.jpg

http://youtu.be/d16w0PjkEYk

http://youtu.be/3xPYNoO6V6E

Edited by BoostdR
  • Like 1

I noticed Borg Warner EFR's were mentioned earlier. This would be the ultimate option as I feel these are the best spooling turbo available on the market. Precision will make more power as they aren't limited by shaft speed but an EFR will smash it in average power/drive ability. I have one on my race car and spool is similar to stock. Transient response is excellent and below spool boost is available from idle. The design also allows for a large turbine which is great for reducing heat and back pressure. We recently installed one on an IPRASA car and it went another second faster over the previous Garrett unit with a restrictor. I'll post a vid of my WRX which runs a 6758 to show response. Mine does have anti lag but it was more for the crowd as it doesn't need it at all, it makes boost free revving.

So install wise of this long turbo on a Stagea could be achieved as the mount angle can be up to 15 degrees(advertised) due to the double oil seals they run. Mine is around 20 degrees and has no problems. I've seen the cosworth WRX run one at over 30degrees. I guess what I'm trying to say is if a kit could be made, you would be in the money.

Here are some pics of my install on the rex

attachicon.gifImageUploadedBySAU Community1444196045.156054.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedBySAU Community1444196117.543887.jpg

I

Your car goes like a beast! I do like the EFRs may end up putting it in the air boxs place, i built a box around my pod filter unsure if it helps much lol, either way it looks like a good spot for a longer turbo

Cheers, not bad for a 2ltr with medium cams. The slow speed track really shows the response. I do also run a 6 speed so that helps a lot also. I love these turbos. A 7163 mixed geometry EFR would be insane on an M35.

My GTX was installed on a 15 degree tilt, I had no issues other than space. You are welcome to try and fit the EFR in the stock location, but without going to external gate housings and without the bov etc. I doubt it will fit, no matter how you tilt it. Have you seen how little room there is to work with? It makes RB26 twins look easy.

If you relocated the turbo to the airbox location it would work, but then you have issues getting a decent size exhaust through beside the engine. My 3 inch intake touches on both sides...

Small low mount twins would work, as long as you ditch the AWD, you would need to change gearboxes anyway if chasing that kind of power.

I took up the challenge of removing the GTX and putting a highflow back in, that's the smart option. :)

Anything larger isn't going to work well without spending the big bucks, auto rebuild, high stall converter, 3.5 inch exhaust, there is no way a 4 inch intake is ever going to work... I'm quite happy with 300+ on ethanol, it's the guys running 98 that will be limited by their crappy fuel. :P