SAU Community

M35 Turbo Upgrade.

FIA510

"The mounting requires cutting of reinforcement. " Im going to assume that'd be more trouble than its worth

Meh, I carved great chunks out of my FRP reo to fit a radiator; its the Stagea way.

If you don't need to cut anything; you're not trying hard enough.

• Like 2

Cool thanks for that info. Bugger I think I'll just put a bigger pump in just to be safe,was that still using the stock fpr? I don't want to waste a tune because the fuel can't keep up lol

Review Hypergear SS2-M35

If you are not willing to run E85, aftermarket ECU, upgraded FMIC, brake wire mod, big exhaust(from dump back), big intake pipe(3"), big injectors, kitted transmission, big fuel pump, no cat convertor, modded BOV: ==>DO NOT RUN THIS TURBO<==

Without "all" of the above mods the car is an absolute pig to drive below 4000rpm and part throttle. Even with the above mods this turbo will not make 20psi by 3700 as advertised(that was on an Rb25 with different housings and is misleading advertising)...however it will with all mods start to make "some" boost below 4000rpm which makes it bearable in everyday traffic. Is the trade off worth it for the power output ?...no not at all, the problem is package constraints so we are very limited by choice if we want an easier fitment. The only place this turbo would be faster than the smaller high flow is acceleration from 50km/h or higher. A Garrett 3071 or Borg Warner 6258 or 6758 are much better options for average power "if" you are willing to make them fit. I was told on purchase that the SS2-M35 would be reasonably responsive then to be told on delivery it's response would equal a 3076 .82 with the power of close to a 3071 .6 which I would agree with.

Matt

Edited by BoostdR
  • Like 2

The higher stall convertor is a band aid solution. I would rather fix the problem rather than the symptom. I don't even think it would slip enough for this turbo whilst still being streetable(shaft speed differential for lock-up)

Review Hypergear SS2-M35

If you are not willing to run E85, aftermarket ECU, upgraded FMIC, big exhaust(from dump back), big intake pipe(3"), big injectors, kitted transmission, big fuel pump, no cat convertor, modded BOV: ==>DO NOT RUN THIS TURBO<==

Without "all" of the above mods the car is an absolute pig to drive below 4000rpm and part throttle. Even with the above mods this turbo will not make 20psi by 3700 as advertised(that was on an Rb25 with different housings and is misleading advertising)...however it will with all mods start to make "some" boost below 4000rpm which makes it bearable in everyday traffic. Is the trade off worth it for the power output ?...no not at all, the problem is package constraints so we are very limited by choice if we want an easier fitment. The only place this turbo would be faster than the smaller high flow is acceleration from 50km/h or higher. A Garrett 3071 or Borg Warner 6258 or 6758 are much better options for average power "if" you are willing to make them fit. I was told on purchase that the SS2-M35 would be reasonably responsive then to be told on delivery it's response would equal a 3076 .82 with the power of close to a 3071 .6 which I would agree with.

Matt

Interesting. what Kw are you getting with your stagea, if you don't mind me asking? im going to try my luck with a HX35/2, We shall see what happens lol.

looks like the Holset HX35 has decent Surge resistance I wonder if that is with the anti-surge comp cover which will reduce efficiency up top slightly. There are many factors which will make or break the response. I've seen mixed results.

I don't have a solid figure for the SS2 yet. Giving It the best chance to perform I can. I'll post up results once I've exhausted its flow capacity. I expect 270-300kw

post-49288-0-37400500-1446003857_thumb.jpg