SAU Community

Nistune Ecu Options

stock stagea

The stock turbo could last another week, it could last another decade.

I would upgrade the turbo, the fuel pump, injectors and the afm but it's not my money.

In terms of what turbo, check the hypergear thread for a hiflow or other suitable bolt on option. For injectors and fuel pump speak to Scotty who you can find in the Stagea section. The only suggestion when it comes to turbos on a Stagea is not to get too greedy on sizing. Something that is more responsive on these heavy cars is the way to go IMO.

For injectors and fuel pump speak to Scotty who you can find in the Stagea section.

Thanks for the plug. :)

The only suggestion when it comes to turbos on a Stagea is not to get too greedy on sizing. Something that is more responsive on these heavy cars is the way to go IMO.

This is something I learnt the hard way. These barges are very lethargic off the line if you can't build boost on stall.

• Like 1

I also suffered a massive brain fade. MRC fit and tune Nistune in Castle Hill.....NOT I repeat NOT Hills Motorsports.

Mark can desolder the old board and resolder the new one, load in the correct base image and if you want they can tune it although I have never used them for tuning but I believe they are competent and reasonable.

Thanks for the plug. :)

This is something I learnt the hard way. These barges are very lethargic off the line if you can't build boost on stall.

Yeah, this. At the moment I am running a hypergear high flow on an otherwise stock ECU S1 stagea. I never timed a 0-100kmh with my stock turbo, but currently it does a realistic 0-100 in just under 10 seconds. Only just. That's with 9psi of boost, plus a shift kit.

The turbo is really only effective above 3k rpm, unless its a highway cruising situation where the turbo can build boost around 2.7k rpm. I leave the transmission in power mode.

Edited by zoomzoom

You can order nistune with mods as a base map already catered for ! It's still a base map but it will run the car fine , just did one for a rs4s z32, 500cc injectors , and a hyper gear 3076 highflow , the just use a base image of those mods on there , and nistune do tune for r&d and some others as well , I know coz I tune with Pete ;)

You can order nistune with mods as a base map already catered for ! It's still a base map but it will run the car fine , just did one for a rs4s z32, 500cc injectors , and a hyper gear 3076 highflow , the just use a base image of those mods on there , and nistune do tune for r&d and some others as well , I know coz I tune with Pete ;)

Thanks, this was the understanding that I had, you give them a list of the mods and they create a base image for that so that you can drive it to the tuner of your own choice.

Nistune won't give you a base tune to suit your mods.

It will be exactly the same as stock once the Nistune board is installed.

Then the tuner can change the map to suit.

Nistune don't tune cars. They make and sell the hardware and software so cars can be tuned..

yep they do ben, pete gave me a base tune for 700cc injectors and 3076, started first go, cold start is good, i drove around on it for 2

weeks and didn't foul plugs, drove like stock and when we went to tune on the dyno it was all pretty sweet on light load stuff

Was pretty happy with thers service. I got my map of another tune they did with a few tweaks (they do tune), and they tuned mine

cheers

darren

Edited by jet_r31

yep they do ben, pete gave me a base tune for 700cc injectors and 3076, started first go, cold start is good, i drove around on it for 2

weeks and didn't foul plugs, drove like stock and when we went to tune on the dyno it was all pretty sweet on light load stuff

Was pretty happy with thers service. I got my map of another tune they did with a few tweaks (they do tune), and they tuned mine

cheers

darren

Well the ya go!

• 2 weeks later...

i hade my car dyno's using nitune by chasers in west melbourne, i gave them my ecu number and they oredered everything to suit, installed it and tuned it no problems.

(also got 550cc injectors and plugs from scotty)

Yeah he only really does selected ppls cars ! I feel privileged with the onset of the new buissness Im involved in to have him as my tuning mentor :)

• 1 month later...

I make adjustments to get close settings where possible but some injector types and other variables will mean that AFRs may be out. Anything I put on as a base is just to get the vehicle to tuners without taking it on a tow truck!

I make adjustments to get close settings where possible but some injector types and other variables will mean that AFRs may be out. Anything I put on as a base is just to get the vehicle to tuners without taking it on a tow truck!

From the base tunes I have seen you do a very good job of this. Great work Matt.

When are you starting on the VQ25det? :P

From the base tunes I have seen you do a very good job of this. Great work Matt.

When are you starting on the VQ25det? :P

Quoted for because I wanna know...

• 2 weeks later...

New plug in for 350Z. Tried a few times to upload an article without success. At the beginning it says VQ35DE only but further down it says suitable for n/a or forced induction engines. Don't know if it will be any good to M35 guys:

http://www.vi-pec.com/techdata/promotional-product-brochures/350z-promo-brochure

Nistune won't give you a base tune to suit your mods.

It will be exactly the same as stock once the Nistune board is installed.

Then the tuner can change the map to suit.

Nistune don't tune cars. They make and sell the hardware and software so cars can be tuned.

yes and no.

they gave me a base tune to drive to the tuner.

included 30% extra fuelling, bigger stock injectors, bigger stock fuel pump, bigger throttle body.... all installed on the nistune as stock parts, however, they where nissan parts, so it was easy for them to do.

they did not do anything to allow for the turbo however,

and for this privelage i paid the grand total of 850 dollars including tune. 1400 bucks for a nistune?! they are having your pants down man.

edit.

didnt read the second page, i see someone has brought this up.

my apologies.