SAU Community

Help! R34 Gtr Mfd Error

cpark

Hi All,

I've recently picked up an r34 GTR and have had a few minor issues (it's more annoying than anything).

The MFD screen intermittently displays some sort of error message in Japanese which I cannot understand and was wondering if anyone on this forum has come across the same issue in the past or know of what the issue is?

See the below photo of the message. It seems to just come up at random times but there is also a constant beep (pause) followed by another 2 beeps every 5 minutes without fail everytime I have the car running.

I should also mention that the car came with the factory sat nav upgrade which is virtually useless here in oz.

If anyone could help that would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Chrispost-91000-14018298130725_thumb.jpg

No I don't think so. One minute if be running the gauges on the mfd and then all of a sudden the message pops up when I haven't pressed anything.

I highly suspect that it has something to do with the factory sat nav unit.

None of the buttons on my factory sat nav unit do anything when I press them so don't know whether that unit itself is buggered.

The beeping noise comes on as soon as I start the car and then every 5 mins thereafter. Have no idea whether the sound and the error message is related.

Thanks

No I don't think so. One minute if be running the gauges on the mfd and then all of a sudden the message pops up when I haven't pressed anything.

I highly suspect that it has something to do with the factory sat nav unit.

None of the buttons on my factory sat nav unit do anything when I press them so don't know whether that unit itself is buggered.

The beeping noise comes on as soon as I start the car and then every 5 mins thereafter. Have no idea whether the sound and the error message is related.

Thanks

Think what you want.

I can read all but one word.

You can assume what it is.

I would bet it is insert.

Anyway, whatever.

I don't care if you believe me or not I also don't care if you fix the problem.

• Like 1

Sat nav disc is but maybe the disc or lens is dirty and can't read it.

Doesn't quite explain why none of the buttons work on the sat nav unit especially the tv button.

Think what you want.

I can read all but one word.

You can assume what it is.

I would bet it is insert.

Anyway, whatever.

I don't care if you believe me or not I also don't care if you fix the problem.

Mate I wasn't having a dig at you or saying you weren't on the right track I was merely explaining the rest of the story so that I could try and see whether there was any link between the issues or whether they were completely unrelated.

Anyway appreciate your help.

Insert program boot disc is what it is saying. That unit cannot read its internal memory.

Quick fix, pull the plug on that unit.

Proper fix, convert to 2 DIN radio.

The mfd gauges are separate to the navi.

Shame you aren't in brissy. I would like a crack at fixing one of these.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all, much appreciated.

I've tried taking the disc out previously and nothing really changed.

Will definitely be switching over to double din in the future but have a few other things if like to do beforehand so will probably go down the route of unplugging the sat nav unit temporarily until I get around to the permanent fix.

Cheers

• 2 months later...

Regardless it's the initial interaction that will always give off the lasting stigma..have a look then PM me ohhh yeah... ;)

It's pretty hard to accurately gauge a person by what they wrote on a forum. No sarcasm, facial expressions etc...

Have a look then PM me? What?

• 5 months later...

Hey mate, never really ended up finding out what the actual cause of this was but I ended up just pulling out my factory sat nav unit and it stopped the issue.

Not sure whether you get the beeping noises at every 5 min interval? This went away as we'll for me as soon as I got rid of the sat nav. Strange you are getting the this issue without he sat nav? I think from what the guy have translated above, something related to an error loading the disc?

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.