SAU Community

Rb30/26 Power Fc Vs Haltech Platinum Pro

felixy69

As much as a nistune can be fitted it is a mission into a R34, their is a thread all about doing it if you search for it ( OP, not Ben I know he knows all about it :D )

I would use the PFC for a street GTR that doesnt want Flex Fuel any day, the only problem with the PFC is as much as most every tuner can tune them, very few know how to do it properly/fully, I have a PFC in my R32 and have done so for 7 years and it drives better then it ever did with a stock computer, though it didn't when it was first fitted and tuned but then I found Scott and it has been brilliant ever since and given how fast my 32 is given its power output proves it

My 34 had a PFC in it when I bought it and it drove quiet well then I let Scott at it and again became perfect to drive and if it supported Flex Fuel it would most likely still be in there

This is my opinion, blast me all you like for it it won't change what I have seen for my self and how I feel about it, I like the PFCs and when tuned properly do exactly as they are asked with no fuss

Depends what you want to do, or how far you want to go.

Does a normal power FC have launch control, antilag, ability to run on a MAP sensor, spark cut RPM limiter and the ability to simply add extra devices through expansion ports. (not talking Jetro or Pro series Power FC)

None of which should be needed on a normal street tune GTR....but needed if your getting serious or you have $ tied into your engine.

We went with the Haltech Platinum Pro because it opens a range of future possibilities, even something as simple as the race dash pays for its self, no need for expensive gauges and mounting, warning high low limits can be set on a wide variety of things your monitoring or worried about.

Having said all that, Power FC covers what most people need day to day, good thing is they are getting cheap because newer ECU's which are in demand like the Haltech, i wouldn't hesitate to run a Power FC on a mildly worked daily driver.

• 1 month later...

15+yo PFC or a brand new, current tech haltch that's been designed/built/developed in Aus and is very flexible?

as for just the tuning? better resolution, more options to offset timing and fuel trim etc. Same same for any competent tuner to 'use' or 'tune'.

The one thing that I would have liked in my PS2000 was knock correction, but the plug in (my pick for your application) does have knock correction.

J.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My motor rb30/26 + t78 turbo

Wat difference will I see when using haltech platinum pro compare to power fc ?

Thx

Hope the RB30/26 setup you have with the T78 works better than my T78 worked for me on the street, it was a pig to drive as a DD and did nothing until 5000rpm

I had a worked Rb26 motor, forged pistons etc. From what was said to me, it is hard to get the T78 to come on full boost before 5000rpm, mine was later , at about 5500-6000 for full boost and rip your head off.

Maybe it was the tune, I am new to this but everything I have read so far indicated that they get full boost no earlier than 5k with an RB26 motor.

I put a PT6262 and poncams B and it was a different car tuned by the same bloke??

Maybe everyone has a different idea of lag, but mine was SO LAGGY and with the quad clutch a sh@t to drive, full load and steep hill take off, it was hell on wheels.

I do not mean doing a 6-8000rpm launch, maybe the clutch had a lot to do with it???????

Sorry off topic

• 4 weeks later...

i owned a PFC with -5s and now changed to a Haltech with a HKS T51r yes both different turbo setups but changing from the PFC to Haltech everything seems alot smoother with the Haltech!
i do agree with the above every tuner pretty much knows how to tune Power FC but i also agree with XRATED they are designed, newer technology and you have everything there ready to go if you decide to change for a track setup or E85 or Flex tune. it also allows you to use alot of add ons as also mentions above. but to that is double the price of the PFC but, i found the PFC to feel very strange when it was cold, i cant quite describe the feelling but you can definatly notice the difference with the 2. as for a tuning perspective i dont know which one is "nicer" to tune, but thats for your tuner to work out. also choose a computer your tuner feels most comfortable to tune,