SAU Community

Mfd Problem, Any Ideas?

kurtkliu

Hello guys, I was luck enough to import a Vspec2 Nur, car is in excellent condition but the MFD has two white stripe vertically on the right of the display.

Anyone have experience fixing it? Or I better off getting new screen? I'm new to the R34 so any help would be appreciated.

post-133840-0-99784500-1402838904_thumb.jpg

Had the same problem. The actual LCD screen needs to be replaced. Very easy to do yourself and there are a few DIY guides to help.

There are a few people on these forums that have a few brand new screens they are trying to sell. I picked 1 up for around $200 if i remember correctly.

if you need any help, let me know

• Like 1

Thank you for the reply SCRMER. I will hunt a new screen and start DIY.

I've been researching on changing the screen, just to make sure it is necessary to get new one.

For my experience from laptop screens, it looks like twist panel which can be fixed for free. Maybe I was too cheap on it?

Also note which screen you have as there are two types. If you have two ribbons off the screen it's a toshiba. If it's one you have a sharp.

Both are on eBay . If you want a rev camera interface made up for either screen shoot me a message.

From my understanding, pre Jan 2000 are Sharp and Jan 2000 onwards are Toshiba (i could be a month or 2 off but it is around those dates). But as Chris mentioned about the ribbon cables if you feel like taking it out first and having a look

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...