SAU Community

Need An Alarm!

jake9155

Can someone please tell me what's a good alarm doesn't matter one price and where to get it installed in Melbourne. Also got me thinking more about it after someone got there R34 stollen I'm ringwood when I'm 10 minutes away!!

Cheers Jake

Umm viper is a pretty good off the shelf alarm system, comes with imobiliser, actuators, remote keyless entry, boot release and all that jazz, around 300 bucks, should be sweet :)

It's not about the alarm it's about the job. Go ahead and buy a top shelf DEI product. I can guarantee you I will be through it and driving off in less than 3 minutes.

These are certainly Oz stds and Shannon's etc will accept it as a valid unit. DEI products for the most part are more convenience than security.

See how many other people want you to come down to melbourne

There is an old post in this section of the forum that's worth a read!!

Long story short, there are a few different brands out there that aren't too bad, do the job, and have all of the bells and whistles with them, like viper, mongoose, etc.

Unless your car is a transformer, and can defend itself from the scum out there, an alarm will only do so much.. At the end of the day, it all comes down to how much attention you bring to yourself and your car.. Don't park it on the street, and if you do, try park somewhere close by and/or where there are cameras/people watching.. Don't rev the hell out of your car, or crank your stereo in the area you are about to park in.. Be smart about it..

Agreed. However I have a fellow in MLB that was carjacked. Hit the anti hijack switch on the way out and car was saved. Did all the preventative things. Already had one car stolen.