SAU Community

Fuel Surge Issues?

What's the logic there? Pump stops pumping? OR that it pumps at low pressure and the motor runs lean? (I run a wideband and have the knock reading on the SAFC as the main reading when driving.

I'd of thought that if a drop in fuel pressure was going to blow my motor up it would have happened already with the few times I've had fuel surge issues and misfired because of it.

In which case I'd do the same thing as I did then, stop driving.

Not disagreeing, just opening up for discussion.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just thinking, should I also be considering an adjustable regulator or do I just assume the stock one is fine?

I'm also on the fence about whether this Bosch pump will flow enough fuel, I realise the kpa ratings are within the limits I need (supposedly 300kpa base fuel pressure plus another 120 or so to account for boost) but the LPH just looks so low.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/121337060270?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Just thinking, should I also be considering an adjustable regulator or do I just assume the stock one is fine?

I'm also on the fence about whether this Bosch pump will flow enough fuel, I realise the kpa ratings are within the limits I need (supposedly 300kpa base fuel pressure plus another 120 or so to account for boost) but the LPH just looks so low.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/121337060270?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Stock reg is fine. Why dont you just buy 044 there cheap enough?

• 1 month later...

Any issues with mounting the surge tank in this location?

Hole in the spare wheel well for hoses.

The surge tank plate prohibits me putting it in the wheel well without decent modification and new fittings between the pump and surge tank.

attachicon.gifIMG_20140817_104006.jpg

Here's my surge tank located in a wagon - so I have had to make a steel cover for it.

Fuelsupply02.jpg

• 2 weeks later...