SAU Community

Stock R33 Gtr Mods

I know there is ALOT of topics like this but I would like to see what people have to say about my plans.

So I am looking at buying a completely stock r33 GTR (got one insight) and have got the following mods planned (not very mechanically switched on like you guys which is why I need your opinion)

Blitz nur spec r exhaust, decat, front and dump pipes, blitz front mount intercooler, apexi induction kit, coilovers, wheels and tyres.

If anyone has a idea of what power gains I will get from that I am very interested to know. Also if there is anything I am missing (I know there will be) please let me know. Looking to spend 5-6k on mods to start.

Thanks

Leave the stock intercooler in there and leave the stock intake alone as well as they are both fine for 400kw at the wheels. Also don't change the dumps till you upgrade the turbos

spend the money you save on an ecu and tune those 2 things will make a massive difference

• Like 1

Leave the stock intercooler in there and leave the stock intake alone as well as they are both fine for 400kw at the wheels. Also don't change the dumps till you upgrade the turbos

spend the money you save on an ecu and tune those 2 things will make a massive difference

What ecu would be my best option? Doing what you said would save me a lot of money. Thanks

There are lots of plug in options

Power fc is well known but a little limited by today's standards

Haltec, link, vipec and a few others as well, talk to who you plan on getting to tune it for you which they believe is best for you

• Like 1

Depending on age/condition, I'd look at an oil pump too, to avoid grenading things when the power goes up.

The thing is that's an engine out job. Which is a fair bit of work just to do the pump.

There's the whole cost : benefit : risk analysis to to be done.

• 2 weeks later...

(00)SKYLINE(00) is spot on. Don't need injectors, don't need spitfires.

Get the exhaust, ECU, Cam gears and tune it up, will give great results. You'll be very pleased with how much these small things will get you.

• Like 1