SAU Community

R34 Fog Lights

Hi All

Question for any R34 owners out there. A while ago I fitted the Aero/Altia/Whatever you call it front bumper to my R34. This one came with the Foglights, as pictured.

Before this my car didn't have them fitted. So the foglights aren't wired up to anything.

I've also procured the switch for them that goes in near the headlight level adjuster (near right knee) (2nd pic, on left).

r34_10.jpg
FFog%2001.JPG

I like to keep things as clean and as factory as possible. I'd prefer to avoid having to hack in a custom loom to make them work, especially if the stock loom already has everything needed already there. There is a "fog lamp" fuse in the engine bay fuse box, which is live (20A). It looks as though the car's standard wiring loom has most if not all of the wiring, so I'm hoping this could be a simple plug-and-play affair. However I can't locate any of the wiring under the dash to hook into.

Does anyone have a R34 with these lights factory fitted and functional who could shed some light on where everything connects? Namely the switch, the lights themselves, whether or not there's any relays, and how the car behaves (eg, do the lights only come on with headlights, does the fog switch turn parkers/headlights on as well, etc).

Furthermore would there be anyone in Sydney with these lights who would let me have a poke around their car to work out how these are wired in? As you all probably know, there aren't any complete wiring diagrams floating around on the internet for these cars, so I'm forever having to poke around with a multimeter..

I have scoured the internet as best I can but the info I'm after just isn't out there.

Anyone able to help?

Thanks!

Edited by Rake

• 1 month later...
  • 8 years later...