SAU Community

Tried Stealing My Skyline Within Secure Garage Wtf

sharpgfx8686

Within a fully secure underground complex car park some prick has used what looks like a pick and hammer to try bust my lock out or a screwdriver. They never got into my car but the lock is completely totally destroyed.

I have an alarm, immobiliser and steering wheel lock that is always in a hard-lock position when parked.

Is there any way i can just replace the key hole with a metal plate or replace with a keyless entry door handle? This is the 3rd time - 1st in Newcastle, 2nd in Brisbane, 3rd now in Melbourne someone has tried to break the key/lock to get into my car..

Anyone got suggestions? Otherwise im over this car im selling it next week..

post-135908-0-34788700-1407559584_thumb.jpg

Unless it was your own personal lock up garage that only you have the remote/key for, I wouldn't assume it's "fully secure"... even if you had your own garage, nothing is ever secure. Anyone who can gain entry to the basement car park can physically get to your car.

R33 yeah.

Since i have alarm, immobiliser and steering lock fitted ive just removed the barrel key lock from the handle, covered it with a metal plate, painted it same colour as car. Only way they can get in now is smashing window or stealing my keys..

Hate these maggots.

Just FYI you don't need to smash the window to get into an R33. The windows have enough flex in them to pry away and get a coat hanger in there to flick the lock.
It's how my previous 33 was stolen, and also how RACV get in when keys are locked inside.

haha fyi the r33 door unlock trick was covered about 9 yeas ago from memory

there was a how-to thread on how to disable it as well in the tutorial section, very old news

• Like 2

So they had another go last night, now passenger door lock is ruined, drivers side door lock even more so than last week and now they jimmied the window scratching the f**k outta my window and ripping the rubber seals to pieces...

AGAIN didnt get in.. There goes about $500 replacing the seals and locks. :(

Getting really tired if your shit junky thieves.

wow.... that's no longer opportunistic dude, that's targeted at your car... I would either sell it or move it to a new location. Does your 'secure' carpark have CCTV? Have they audited the swipe access at all entry and egress points?

^^^ Good one mate now it's everyone's information. Hell of a lot of captains about to set sail!!

Old news. You can sometimes tell if an R33 has been broken into because the metal/trim above the window is creased from being pried open.