SAU Community

Npc Performance Clutches! Thumbs Up!

Yeedogga

Hi all,

I just wanted to post up my positive experience (so far) with NPC Performance Clutch.

The Xtreme cushion button clutch in my R33 failed after a few years and needed to be replaced.

I contacted Xtreme Clutch to discuss clutch options and information about the failure and got a whole lot of NOTHING! I spoke to a salesperson on the phone who seemed far too busy doing something else to listen to my questions, frequently saying "huh?" or "what?" and forcing me to repeat myself. He gave me less information than I could find on my own search of their website. Shame.

I then followed up with an email enquiry including photos of the worn parts and asking for some advice about what to spend my money on. I still haven't received a reply.

In stark contrast, I contacted NPC clutch. I received an email back from Doug very quickly, which started the ball rolling. Doug answered all of my questions and based on the times of some of the emails- he works very late!

Needless to say I spend my hard-earned on an NPC 10" carbotic clutch kit and the kit turned up 2 days after I ordered it! Much fast!

It went in a couple of weeks ago without a hitch and is almost bedded in ready for Bathurst hillclimb later in the month.

The clutch has a nice light pedal feel and bites solidly without being overly aggressive and Im looking forward to giving it hell.

So, if you are in the market for a new clutch, I think you can't go past NPC.

If you want to be ignored, go to Xtreme!

had a 10" NPC clutch in my car for years now. I had it rebuilt when I changed my engine, more out of conenience then anything. Clutch and pressure plate still looked fine, I run the NPC lightweight flywheel as well. Very happy with it

How long should one of these clutches last you, assume city and street driving, little to no clutch drops. My carbon clutch which I had made about 2 - 3 years ago now is still holding up but the grabbing point seems to have shifted so it might be time for me to consider a new clutch. How much are these and what power can they hold?

I got mine in 2010 I think. Rebuilt it last year but it probably didn't need it mine is daily driven. Just don't slip the clutch too much and it should be fine. The NPC flywheel helps as well because it has cooling channels

yeah its a ripper clutch...better than any exedy I've used...after a couple thousand kms it softens up really nice as well..

the guy who bought my car had a stuffed knee from a motorbike accident and couldn't believe how easy it was to use..

next time your cruising at 100, drop it back to third, give it a 6000rpm+ and drop it...you'll feel it just bites.... :rofl:

I've been running NPC7333HD-10" on my R34 GTT since my manual conversion, it's a great clutch with a good feel and not heavy at all. I spoke with NPC prior to purchasing it, great service too.

Btw this clutch is the same as Exedy NSK-7333HD. Mine even had part of the packaging with Exedy logos, though the clutch itself was in NPC shrink wrap.

Just call Jim and tell him your upgrading to 400Kw, he may even be able to rebuild and upgrade your old one to do it, he has no issues build clutches to handle far more power than that if needed.

just wondering what kind of power are some of you guys putting down with a npc clutch im looking for a change from my jim berry clutch need something to hold 400kw

Im putting 350kw with it tried it first time last weekend no bed in just clutch kiking from first lap and its a great clutch, others have been running 400kw with it so should be alright for you.

Keep in mind npc make heaps of different clutches. Just cos someone's npc clutch holds heaps of power doesn't mean yours will, especially if it's an organic plate .

Also you can tell Doug to trick up the pressure plate to clamp more or less.

Of course when you ask for more clamp the clutch is super hard to drive (like when I had a NPC). Hill starts resulted in baked tyres lol

However if you reduce the clamp the clutch is quite friendly and as soft as a stock clutch (pedal effort wise)

• 6 months later...