SAU Community

Electrician Familiar With Skylines

perzn_34

Hey guys ive fitted a rb25det from a series 1.5 r33 into my r34 gtt and now its time for wiring it in.

I pulled out the whole r33 loom including the engine bay fusebox UNCUT So I can use what I need from it.

The engine bay still has the r34 loom in it but nothing is plugged into the motor.

So the motor was running in my old r33 With a haltech platinum pro plugin so I would need to integrate the passenger side of the r33 loom into the r34 loom to keep the ecu plug.

Does anyone know a decent auto electrician that knows these cars and is reasonable with their price to do this job? And anyone know a rough estimate of the amount of work required?

Cheeeeeeeeeerss guys

What you have done can never be legal, but you obviously know that.

While it can possibly be done, it sounds like a real nightmare of wiring. Not sure I would like to attempt it myself, and I have wired in countless ecu's.

You are looking for an Auto elec, an electrician will only want to fit power points in your house.

I was going to jokingly refer scotty nm35 as above, as I am sure he is very much over currently wiring approximately everything in my car.

Putting a R33 RB25 into a R34 is just like argh man, why!

I would wager it would be simpler to pay someone to remove the R33 RB25 and put a R34 RB25DET Neo in there, vs trying to find someone to get all that wiring to work.

I would wager it would be simpler to pay someone to remove the R33 RB25 and put a R34 RB25DET Neo in there, vs trying to find someone to get all that wiring to work.

100% this... but I'm willing to bet that the internals of this R33 engine are completely worked to the max...

If it's only had minor work though, ditch the R33 engine, swap fruit onto a new neo engine and install that, you don't want to deal with all the hassles.

100% this... but I'm willing to bet that the internals of this R33 engine are completely worked to the max...

If it's only had minor work though, ditch the R33 engine, swap fruit onto a new neo engine and install that, you don't want to deal with all the hassles.

You got that right, its pretty much brand new forged and cammed motor with a Haltech tuned for it. Swapping the bolt ons and finding a new r34 ecu and tuning it oppose to some wiring would be stupid.

The 33 it came out of was defected with emissions so now I'm planing to make all the piping stealth.

My understanding is i need to keep the r34 engine bay fusebox and integrate the r33 engine loom to the fuse box and sort out a couple of interior plugs near the ecu. AMIRIGHT?

Getting defected was the stupid part, changing the whole loom over is just madness.

As you are putting an older engine in there than what it came with, you are just setting yourself up for another defect. AMIRIGHT?

Yep, one that needs an engineering cert to clear, to boot.

Put it in a 33 or a 32 lol.

It would have been considerably easy to just stockify the R33 it came out vs pulling the engine out and putting it into another car.

Or just nistune/highflow its stock officeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

It's still illegal, as already stated.

You can't put an older series motor into a newer model and be legal.

No engineer will legally sign off on it anyway as per the above. And if you lie to them, and somehow get it, the cert can be nullified.

You can only go forward with technology, not backwards, due to emissions etc.