SAU Community

Who Has Used A Sound Performance Quick Spool Valve? Results?

This is a great concept, but obviously will only work on twin scroll turbo's. Also I imagine this wouldn't work too well if you had a fully divided twin scroll exhaust manifold, as you'd be completely blocking off three of your exhaust runners. If I ever go to a larger (twin scroll) turbo, I'll be looking into getting one of these.

This is a great concept, but obviously will only work on twin scroll turbo's. Also I imagine this wouldn't work too well if you had a fully divided twin scroll exhaust manifold, as you'd be completely blocking off three of your exhaust runners. If I ever go to a larger (twin scroll) turbo, I'll be looking into getting one of these.

You need an open (non twin scroll) manifold along with a twin scroll turbo.

Mate has one on his supra and swears by it not sure what size turbo it is other than f**king huge precision and it spools by 4000 and pulls right thru to 8500 running 20psi As to where itd spool without it who knows but he is areal happy with it compared to his old t4 setup (yea no real facts in that statement but positive feedback lol)

thats the kind of feedback i was after!

would you be able to find out what manifold he is running and what gate size as well as model of precision?

i would appreciate that info greatly!

=)

Mate has one on his supra and swears by it not sure what size turbo it is other than f**king huge precision and it spools by 4000 and pulls right thru to 8500 running 20psi As to where itd spool without it who knows but he is areal happy with it compared to his old t4 setup (yea no real facts in that statement but positive feedback lol)

that would be a cool comparison to see. But using a twin scroll turbo and normal highmount manifold sounds kind of backwards, you would lose some top end power VS a true TS system. So you would want this 'quick spool' valve to really work down low

when i looked at these maybe 5 months ago i found allot failures

generally failure occurs were the were the 2 rivets on the flapper mount to the arm

results were comparable to just running a normal twin scroll manifold the quick spool valve had better results on larger turbos 72mm and up from what i found

i have a thread on here floating around some were