SAU Community

Detailing Product Reviews, The Complete Thread.

Anfanee

Hi Guys,

Thought we could start a thread where people rate what products they use as they go, get more of a feel for how things cope over time and how people really rate them.

This can be anything from waxes ( i know there is already a thread for waxes but this is for everything) to tools used and even the types of buffers people use.

I'll start off with my new purchase that i have been testing:

Monza Pro Detailing Brushes:

$(KGrHqNHJEQFC1GVcur2BQ)6e7ROOw~~60_35.J

Amazing for cleaning the engine bay and the hard to get places. I cannot really stress how helpful these have been both inside the car and out. I would seriously rate these 9/10 and highly recommend them to anyone that is as OCD as me when it comes to cleaning. I got mine for around $50 for the set of 5 and 100% worth the price.

The next one is my old wax meguiars nxt gen tech wax 2.0

7110105_mgr_G12718_pri_larg.jpg

The depth this wax leaves is amazing. Probably one of the best i have used for photo shoots. However it doesn't last overly long compared to others. I would rate this at probably a 6/10. GREAT if you are about to do a photo shoot or take it to a car show (i still use it for this). But for everyday wax i would recommend something else.

Edited by Anfanee

Next is probably my favorite Meguiars product:

Ze window cleaner:

large_aa6316_1_.jpg

Overall i can't complain it does a bloody good job of cleaning windows and glass. Doesn't leave any smear marks and does buff off extremely easily. Though some would argue glass cleaner isn't needed so it isn't an "essential" item in my kit. I do use it every weekend cleaning my car. Bonus point for smelling like Grape hubba bubba bubblegum (Legit it smells amazing). 7/10

And yes i do quite like my meguiars stuff.

Good idea Anf

I too am a Meguiars man

Have to say the my favorite products are as follows:

Meguiars Scratch X

ScratchX-Tip_zps6986d6e0.jpg

this stuff is great to remove them surface sratches and swirls

recently applied on this panel

IMG_1728_zpse95bcc78.jpg

all them swirl marks and cobwebs - the car is riddled with them

IMG_1738_zps2aff0ee6.jpg

I used the supplied applicator pad in this case and did it by hand to remove the swirl marks and then gave it a quick wax - highly recommend it even for some deeper surface scratches its a great product 9/10

Product #3 my new wax:

2740_lg.jpg

Lasts aaages on my car and gives a really hard wax feel. Definitely protects the car more than the nxt gen 2.0. Very easy to apply and buff off. I do it by hand with ease.

However it does not give the depth in the paint like the nxt gen 2.0 does. It just doesn't look as "fancy" i suppose? Do highly rate it but a few marks off for not giving that depth to the paint 7 or 8/10

I must ask, what does everyone use for White cars? Mine cleans up well after a wash but I would like to take it to the next level of shine!

I use concours drift coat wax on my white car it brings out a good shine and is easy to apply can even apply to wet car, but you white being a solid colour you will never be able to get the shine of a metallic car that has been detailed. Here is how the product looks on my white car.

http://www.waxit.com.au/products/concours-driftcoat-wax-280g

In regards to cut and polish I use the schols concept s3 for cut and schols s30+ for final polish

post-50426-0-62303200-1408833300_thumb.jpg

post-50426-0-93430200-1408833331_thumb.jpg

post-50426-0-43211900-1408833412_thumb.jpg

Edited by boostn0199

next review:

Meguiars quick clay kit

wm_item_1277366871_G111.jpg

Must have for all people who are as anal as me when it comes to cleaning. I have used this kit for years and i have never been able to fault it. It is easy to use and easy to remove the residue. It's quite shocking as to how much dirt this kit picks up 2 minutes after you have washed it. So far i have not been able to fault this kit at all. Probably the only detailing product i own that i can 100% rate at 10/10 i love this product!

• Like 1

Collinite476S.jpg

This is probably my favorite wax right now. Lasts for 6 months on a daily driver (sometimes more), gives a very nice glassy wet look, specially on dark metallic colours, easy to apply and easy to remove. The water beading from this stuff is excellent as well. The best bit, its only around 35 bucks, so one of the cheapest products out there.

The only thing to keep in mind is, this stuff must be applied in a really thin coat. If you cake it on, it will be a b*tch to remove. But, thin coats mean the tin will last much longer. Some people also complain about the smell, but I don't mind it. 10/10 for me

Thanks Junkie! Might have to have a look at that ^^

I went back to my old wax the meguiars nxt gen 2.0 and it definately works better with my paint.

Got any pics with the above?

Next review:

A Bucket

bucket.gif

Hols water and Car wash, should be used with some sort of sponge. Only Downside is you have to lug it around. 9/10. This is a must have in any detailing kit.

On a serious Note....

Meguiars Nxt Gen Car Wash

meguiars-nxt-generation-car-wash-1982ml.

Great Stuff. Feels very soft going on and goes on with ease. Doesn't leave streaks and is easy to wash off. Great value too i have been using mine for aaages and still have half a container. It could be a little better at cleaning the area around the exhaust. 8/10

Next review:

A Bucket

bucket.gif

Hols water and Car wash, should be used with some sort of sponge. Only Downside is you have to lug it around. 9/10. This is a must have in any detailing kit.

I loled