SAU Community

E85 And Wideband, Haltech Ps2000

I'm currently putting together a RB25DE+T neo running from a PS2000. I am intending on running a flex setup to capitalize on the extra compression, while shopping for the ethanol sensor I noticed a few wideband oxygen sensors. What is the general consensus on the value of a wideband for a flexfuel setup?

My build

Internally stock R34 RB25DE+T with a turbo head.

Haltech PS2000 with flexfuel sensor

TD06SH-25G

ID1000s and usual supporting mods

If you can afford it, do it.

It's a great safe guard just to keep an eye on things (if you've got a display for it).

Anything that helps with the ECU's ability to maintain the right AFRs is a good thing too.

I have this exact setup.

it is excellent and takes a grand total of about ten minutes to set up and configure.

The PS2000 handles it stupidly easily. Get their CAN kit and it's literally plug and play, select the AFR you want and you're golden.

Plus you can set a million engine safety variables based on AFR and load.

It apparently disables itself if anything goes a little odd or it doesn't update 200 times a second (lol). Configuring it right is hilariously easy.

And if you're really paranoid, you can set the % of enrichment you want the controller to do, or set it if you only want to let it add fuel (i.e never pull fuel to hit a target AFR)

plus you can do fun shit like tune your own car, and idle and shit.

just buy it

i do not work for haltech

No, you need one of these -> http://store.haltech.com/default/can-devices/can-wideband-kits.html

Whether you want 1 or two sensors is up to you :P

Keep in in mind Mr Haltech says the sensor should be 1 metre from the turbo exhaust housing to avoid it dying too quickly. The stock one is clearly not 1 metre from the housing. Mine is mounted in my cat.

Also note, haltech are out of gauges. So if you buy the set with the gauge expect them to say "shit we don't have a gauge"

However the CAN controller has nicely labelled wiring for a gauge. Anything that reads 0v as 10 AFR and 5v as 20AFR will do.

Playing with idle AFR and cruise AFR is fun.

Btw, the PS2000 does everything in Lambda (you can change it to show "AFR" if you want). Which means the flex sensor does its shit, so you know 1.0 lambda will show as 14.7 AFR, regardless of if you have 20% E85 in the tank or 47% or 100%. So no need to wonder if 11.7 AFR is rich, or lean, or perfect if you're on 3psi at 67% E85 in the tank.