SAU Community

Unique Mods For An R34?

Hi Guys,

I've been taking a look around lately and since i'm not really into putting thousands under the hood of my car (aside from the required maintenance) i'm looking for some suggestions and ideas on some unique modifications that can be done to the looks, both interior and exterior that can be done on the R34 GT-T.

I don't want some huge GT wing or carbon fibre bonnet, I'm not talking about ricing the car, but I want some tasteful mod suggestions that can just make it stand out a little more that I'm an enthusiast without turning it into rice or having to put thousands into the performance.

Any suggestions would be great or examples of unique looks that have been done on some projects you've seen.

Thanks Guys

Check out Broadfields blog, awesome interior stuff.

For example, s14 cluster before and after..

img_0708.jpg?w=614&h=409

img_1429.jpg?w=614&h=409

Something I find awesome, but couldn't justify the cost as the stock gauges are pretty cool already..

um, good unique mods come from people with unique ideas and good taste.

your not gonna get these from asking others.

that being said, just check out what other peopele have and steal any good ideas you like.
imo good wheels make a car, good ride hight will start you off well. detail the hell out of the car, doing that will find all sorts of things to do like stripping things down repairing repainting, replacing.

i like this guys path.

http://guula.kuvat.fi/#/kuvat/Skyline+R34+Gtt-R/

• Like 1

That modified cluster is a bit crusty with the 2 holes still in the clear cover.

Unique mods for an r34 usually suck. That's why they are unique mods. Pretty much all of the good ideas have been done....

The acceptable amount of mods to be considered a car enthusiast is 1 hellaflush sticker or equivalently gay sticker/s of your choosing.

Wheels and tyres for the exterior, and some nice ADR approved buckets seats. Less is best.....unless you like dildos......the gear shifter ones

• Like 1

That modified cluster is a bit crusty with the 2 holes still in the clear cover.

Unique mods for an r34 usually suck. That's why they are unique mods. Pretty much all of the good ideas have been done....

Broadfields work is hardly crusty that was just an example of many, go check out his page there might be something you like.

that being said, just check out what other peopele have and steal any good ideas you like.

imo good wheels make a car, good ride hight will start you off well. detail the hell out of the car, doing that will find all sorts of things to do like stripping things down repairing repainting, replacing.

This. Little details make a big difference, fresh coat of paint and restore black plastics ect

for a 34 just this ^ 100%

• 1 month later...

How about installing an antenna like the one on those highway patrol cop cars, IMO cars with antennas look aggressive and serious

1J7A8078.jpg

Like this and notice his wide tyres as well,

For me i might get a little sticker on the side window of my favourite anime which is Higurashi or Madoka, NOW THATS JDM! :D

Edited by Elegant Skyline

Follow the Colin Chapman theory and add lightness.

Remake every single body panel in CF, then repaint it a stock colour, with the colour coats thin enough that if you get close you can still see the weave through it. Add decent suspension and lightweight forged wheels.

Zero engine modifications so no more power, but improved performance through your car now being much lighter, and improved handling through better suspension and lower unsprung weight..

Note: May cost bajillions of dollars.

• Like 2

Follow the Colin Chapman theory and add lightness.

Remake every single body panel in CF, then repaint it a stock colour, with the colour coats thin enough that if you get close you can still see the weave through it. Add decent suspension and lightweight forged wheels.

Zero engine modifications so no more power, but improved performance through your car now being much lighter, and improved handling through better suspension and lower unsprung weight..

Note: May cost bajillions of dollars.

And...

Since Rays Duralumin wheel nuts being discontinued...

Carbon fibre prop shaft.

C/f rear wing, strut brace,...

Ti panel bolts...

Rear wiper removal.