SAU Community

Going From 98 To E85 For Reliability/midrange

Ke55pig

so with my current setup im running 98 on my internally stock rb25 neo,

its making 340rwkw at 17-18 which is my spring pressure.

Im wanting to change over to e85 for reliability and some more midrange. i have all supporting mods for it.Is it possible to just add midrange and not gain uptop.

But what i want to know is changing over to e85 going to help my reliability. of the engine making another 20-40 kw or is the extra power torque going to cause more issues id love some more midrange.

post-77561-0-75216600-1409458163_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ke55pig

E85 will produce more torque and horse power through the mid range yes,

Obviously this is going to be more load on your transmission and engine components such as Rods and bearings... But, it will be more reliable in the case of being more detonation resistant.

The more boost you can jam down its throat the better the ethenol works..18psi isn't much but it will still improve on ethenol

im pro at smashing boxes at current power lol. i understand there more strees on bearings etc just dont no if it outweighs the deternation reliability. id love to wind more boost in. it but dont think headgasket etc will like it

only a single plate npc clutch its a drift car so it gets smashed into gear not clutches fault.

t67 25g 10cm

nz himount

tial 48mm

tomei type b

880cc sards

greddy manifold

only a single plate npc clutch its a drift car so it gets smashed into gear not clutches fault.

t67 25g 10cm

nz himount

tial 48mm

tomei type b

880cc sards

greddy manifold

is there anything to gain with dialing in. bolt in cams like tomei type bs .

yea i would love to have a bit more midrange really dont need or want more uptop

I wouldn't be buying cams if you want more uptop power

Money would be better spend on some arp head bolts and gasket

Then wind boost into it..

Your mid range will feel sluggish due to the fact your only running gate spring pressure.. This means your gate is starting to open before you hit base pressure..

An electronic boost controller with more boost will keep it closed and give you better mid and top end power

i already have cams joey tomei type bs.

i wasnt going to go studs and gasket untill it went.

i dont want to wind to much more into a stock motor i think itll easily go 400 with more bosst and e85.

i had 19.5 with a ebc last time and engine had more punch down low but that motor only made 320.

so i could possiblly go e85 get cam gears run 18_19 psi should give me bit more mid range.

i. really just need it from 4-5 rpm for low speed corners using 3rd

if you install an EBC and wind up the GAIN setting to something like ~40ish you will get some response out of it. E85 makes it safer for extra boost but also adds torque.

I read something once about ethanol burning more slowly in the chamber which produces less of a 'shocking' force on the piston/rod than 98. which makes the stock cast pistons more reliable I guess.

also lower EGT's for the same power level yada yada yada

bit more boost, E85 and an EBC dialed in correctly will see some awesome midrange/ response improvement