SAU Community

Saunsw Texikhana 26Th October

crashdown

10604616_731998796848524_856563744837951

Event: SAU NSW Texikhana
Location: Nirimba Airfield / TAFE / Skidpan - same place as last time (yeah, it's got a few names)

Location map: https://goo.gl/maps/h8GrX
Date:26th October 2014

What is it: Motorkhana courses marked with orange things that we'd kindly appreciate if you drove around rather than over
Entry cost SAUNSW members: $55 Entry fee
Entry cost Non SAUNSW members: $75 Entry fee (If you plan to enter more than 1 or more events with us it pays to be a funded member)

Entries strictly capped at Max. 30 cars. This guarantees loads of runs and minimal wait time but if you don't sign up, well you snooze you lose.

Spectators:Free to watch
Passengers:$10 which is cheap compared to other clubs and events, (SUPPORTS OUR CLUB!!!) , MUST sign on, MUST wear wrist to neck/ankle clothing with enclosed shoes and approved helmet, same as drivers.
Courses:Released on the day at sign on

First timers: Don't be shy, you'll love it.

Those of you that have been to one of these before will agree, this is the best money you can spend as far as driving time for an event. The event will be run after run until 4.00pm, and considering most runs are under 1 minute AND that we're kicking off at 9am, that's a lot of runs :thumbsup:

This is a safe event where you only go as hard as you want to, there's no pressure, one car on a course at a time. Perfect for beginners to have a first try at driving their pride and joy off the streets.

Motorkhana is a fabulous low cost way to get involved in motorsport. To get involved in Motorkhana you can get your first taste of motor sport in your standard road car, but this discipline also caters to the most skilled and experienced of drivers in highly modified or purpose built Motorkhana specials.

The competition is designed to test the acceleration, braking and manoeuvrability of a vehicle and the skill and judgement of the crew members.

A motorkhana may be conducted on a sealed or unsealed surface and involves manoeuvring through tight and twisty tests marked by flags.

Cars will be started individually and there will be one car on course at one time.

At no time during these events are burnouts, skids or drifting permitted to take place.

With that said, there's usually some friendly competition between mates, which is great to watch :D

Timing for the day:

Scrutineering/sign on starts - 7.00am

Scrutineering/sign on ends - 8.30am (don't show up at 8.25am, come with plenty of time to spare)

Drivers brief - 8.40am (mandatory attendance all drivers)

Runs start - 9.00am

Lunch approx - 12.30pm depending on how the day is going (One hour)

Runs stop - 4.00pm

Gates close - 5.00pm

Entrants please note:

-All entrants under 18 years old must have parental permission.

-All entered cars must arrive in time for and pass scrutineering, no exceptions.

-All drivers must be licensed (AASA or CAMS) and show valid licence and expiry date at sign on.

-All cars must have an insurance approved fire extinguisher secured within drivers reach.

-Sidepipes are not allowed. Screamers/external gates venting to

atmosphere are also not allowed to be entered. No exceptions (this is

not my choice, I ♥ gate)

-Entries are open now, entries close as stated in Supplementary

Regulations (at bottom of this post) to allow time for officials to

organise paperwork.

-Supp regs and Entry Form are soon to be attached. Entry forms without payment will be rejected.

-Yes you can join SAUNSW on the day (allow an extra 5mins at sign on)

-There is no EFTPOS/Credit Card machine on site, so bring cash and we

will have change there for you. If you can bring close to the right

amount, that's helpful.

-We are not allowed to drift the course, link up corners or keep your foot in it burnouts.

But tyre slippage around such tight courses is to be expected.

Regarding your motorsport licence:

Due to changing policy at AASA we cannot process licence applications on the day. AASA or CAMS licences (or proof thereof) must be organised prior and brought to the event. AASA can provide a fax confirmation of your licence status if you require one at shorter notice (bare minimum 2 weeks). Also, CAMS licences can be renewed online if you have previously held an L2NS or L2S.

How to Enter: To Enter you can pay at our Eventbrite page http://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/saunsw-26th-october-texikhana-tickets-12944694931?aff=es2

* On the day please bring your Motorsport license as we need to visually see it, We will have you fill out an entry form and waiver form on the day. Your Eventbrite receipt is your confirmation of entry.

Suppregoct2014.pdf

Edited by crashdown

Also, CAMS licences can be renewed online if you have previously held an L2NS or L2S.

I just applied for a CAMS licence online without needing to have previously held one. Register on the front page to receive a CAMS ID (may have to wait for the email) and then use that to login, choose your club (we're listed under ACT, not NSW) and pay for the licence.

Is it no side pipes full stop or no unmuffled side pipes?

Hey Mate, i am pretty sure its just a noise thing, if your side pipe is quieter than the legal Db limit for the event i fail to see an issue...

I would love to get my 32 out after the rebuild, however i might not be in NSW due to work. I wont know until the start of October or maybe a little after. Ok to put my name down, however not pay? Or shall i just put my name down once i know, just didnt want to miss out.

I would love to get my 32 out after the rebuild, however i might not be in NSW due to work. I wont know until the start of October or maybe a little after. Ok to put my name down, however not pay? Or shall i just put my name down once i know, just didnt want to miss out.

Put your name down when you know for sure. I'll pencil your name as a maybe at the moment.

• Like 1

Can a scrutineer, or someone that knows, tell me if this is ok.

mtOldc0.jpg?1

Basically the weak plastic tie that holds the pin into my fire extinguisher broke off so I used a rubber band to keep it in (but still allows it to come out when you need to use it).

Theres also a cable tie to stop the top lever going up (the safety pin only stops it from going down :wacko:).

It will still function as per normal, just looks a bit iffy.

Thanks

personally id remove the cable tie thats stopping it from going up (it doesnt matter if it goes up as it will only fire on full depress) the rubber band is OK because its easy enough to break in an emergency.. the cable tie is not and even though it wont interfere just the 1% chance it could is enough for me.

as the club scruit I would have to confer with the rest of the team but I would probably land on the same conclusion

I tend to agree with Aggro. Lose the cable tie. The pin is just a safety but having that cable tie over the bit that activates the extinguisher, while probably not a problem could limit the ability to open 100%.