SAU Community

Per4Manz Perth Based Highflow

red_spider

Hey guys,

just had this built in Perth.will be on the car soon and tuned at the end of the month.be interesting to see what it pulls

Nissan VQ25 custom upgrade.

Billet GT30 compressor with ceramic ball bearings and bronze cages . HKS GT3035 turbine wheel used for great spool up. Major machining undertaken to make it fit but all in a days work here at Per4manz

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Per4manz-Turbochargers/227998503999398

post-103368-0-01958100-1409829194_thumb.jpg

post-103368-0-66124600-1409829206_thumb.jpg

post-103368-0-92843500-1409829213_thumb.jpg

post-103368-0-50901000-1409829219_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Looks the goods, but I think you will have boost spiking issues unless you open up the wastegate hole and run a larger puck...

What is the thrust load tolerance like with the ceramic bearings? The small rear housing will cause a lot of pressure on the shaft. (partly why the Garrett cores have so many problems when shoved in the stock housing.)

I look forward to seeing what it can do, when is it getting tuned?

Looks the goods, but I think you will have boost spiking issues unless you open up the wastegate hole and run a larger puck...

What is the thrust load tolerance like with the ceramic bearings? The small rear housing will cause a lot of pressure on the shaft. (partly why the Garrett cores have so many problems when shoved in the stock housing.)

I look forward to seeing what it can do, when is it getting tuned?

I raised the point of spiking issue's but grant has assumed me it should be fine (he gave me a full in detail description of it all too)

I have no idea the load tolerances but I'll ask when I pick it up today he's done plenty of rb25 turbos similar to ours,I know he changes the casing to a bronze because the garret phenolic one's let go and the ball bearings are made of nitrate and bores the oil feed to his own specs

Can't get into tuner before the 30th so literally I'll call on the 30th to book and go from there

• Like 1

I know he changes the casing to a bronze because the garret phenolic one's let go and the ball bearings are made of nitrate and bores the oil feed to his own specs

Does he realise there are three oil restrictors in the sump? I can tell you there isn't much oil supply at the turbo...

Does he realise there are three oil restrictors in the sump? I can tell you there isn't much oil supply at the turbo...

I did mention it several time's, it's just what he does as a standard for his Highflow service. Does the same for rb's

Rb don't have the same restrictors setup as vq's do.

It is in the line in an rb, easily replaced.

I was under the impression that on the vq25 with a bush bearing scotty drilled out the banjo's?

This one is ball bearing and getting new braided line's, I would think that should do it?

Edited by red_spider

How much is this costing you? Pm me if you like.

Perth based.

Best thing to do would be to contact grant directly. But it was cheaper than what a lot cheaper than the other places offering a similar service/product

I'll have results in a few weeks once I can put it on and get it tuned

For the info on the wheel and thrust load. He was busy when I picked the turbo up and a mutual friend dropped in so don't have the answers . he has the wheels he uses on his Facebook Page and the ball bearings and cages too

I was under the impression that on the vq25 with a bush bearing scotty drilled out the banjo's?

This one is ball bearing and getting new braided line's, I would think that should do it?

That would depend how much oil the ceramic bearings require, even with the braided line the oil will only dribble out the turbo end of the hose...

The best course of action would be to open up the three in the sump to around 4mm or so; then drill the final external (on the side of the block) to perhaps 0.5mm dia over whatever Grant specifies for the turbo feed.

That way you'll always have more than enough supply; but the braided line isn't running full system pressure. Then your braided line isn't the "weakest link" in the system.

• Like 1

The best course of action would be to open up the three in the sump to around 4mm or so; then drill the final external (on the side of the block) to perhaps 0.5mm dia over whatever Grant specifies for the turbo feed.

That way you'll always have More than enough supply; but the braided line isn't running full system pressure. Then your braided line isn't the "weakest link" in the system.

That's kinda what I was thinking along the lines of :) is why I called you the other day :P

• Like 1