SAU Community

Swift Racing Springs On Bc's - M35

Equilibrise

I thought I would post this up as i don't think it has ever been done before...

After installing a new set of BC racing BR suspension I havent been able to get the car high enough in the rear. I had the adjustable perch screwed all the way down to make the car higher, i had the dampener adjusted to the correct length and i had loosened every suspension component, then re-tightened them all in the air and still the rear was so low that i would bottom out on most speed humps even at slow speeds. The springs also felt like they were completely closing up in some instances as it was felt throughout the car and was generally an uncomforable ride. I had been in contact with the BC manufacturer who basically stated that i needed longer springs. Seeing that i had to pay for them i began researching other available options as i believe BC should have got it right the first time. There are not many options, as most of you know. I must note for those who don't have BC's, that this seems to be an isolated occurance and generally BC suspension is a fantastic upgrade.

I discovered that in the states 350z owners have an option to upgrade their BC suspension purchases with Swift racing springs directly from BC racing. BC even make a bucket seat adapter to convert the rear spring bucket to be able to mount the smaller width Swift spring . I researched these springs and found many testimonials and independant reviews. They sounded too good, so i decided to give them a go. The 350z uses exactly the same spring bucket as our M35's.

The result was astounding. Even though i increased the spring rates, the ride is smoother, more predictable, more stable, braking has improved, steering is more responsive, less body roll and over all more comfortable. Anyway here is what they look like.

post-29959-0-41789700-1409845267_thumb.jpgpost-29959-0-87591300-1409845281_thumb.jpgpost-29959-0-71584800-1409845304_thumb.jpgpost-29959-0-70152800-1409845315_thumb.jpg

Swift claim to use a unique metal formulation which makes their springs perform better, last longer and have less material in them - you can see the space between the coils is greater in the swift compared to the bc. If you are curious, just do a gogle search for swift racing springs - others can explain better than me.

• Like 2