SAU Community

Turbo Install Advice? (Help Lol I'm A Newbie)

Hi all,

I have a large F-off turbo that my brother purchased for his r33. Its a series 1 and I need help selecting rear housings and high mounts to help make this upgrade possible as me and him want to lift to HP of his 33 to around the 500HP mark. I understand I will also need to reinforce the car and engine that I can do... but I'm in need of the right advice as to how to go about it correctly. (Rexona can for reference)

post-128350-0-90209200-1409853653_thumb.png

Lots of things to think about... what do you want to do with the car? Track/strip/drift? Just want the 500hp to say you have it? First and foremost the budget you plan to work with will dictate how much HP you're likely to attain. Unless you get free things..

Can check the RB25 Turbo Upgrade thread in this section, check what combos net the power you want to attain. It's a lot more than just choosing a backend of some turbo you bought.

Some links 1 2 3 you should check..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

cheers for the help, thinking about getting a .86 rear housing and maybe only running 20 psi max!

Lots of things to think about... what do you want to do with the car? Track/strip/drift? Just want the 500hp to say you have it? First and foremost the budget you plan to work with will dictate how much HP you're likely to attain. Unless you get free things..

Can check the RB25 Turbo Upgrade thread in this section, check what combos net the power you want to attain. It's a lot more than just choosing a backend of some turbo you bought.

Some links 1 2 3 you should check..

I always worry when someone comes in and describes their turbo as a 'big f-off turbo' instead of 'GT3076, Garret GT30' etc

As far as I'm concerned, first rule when moddifying your car, is knowing what your putting on it. Seems crazy to me that you would put a turbo on it that you know not alot about (or from the description given anyway I get that idea)

It wont be very fun to drive around town if it makes no boost till 4500rpm

• Like 2