SAU Community

Aem Uego Narrowband Output

SargeRX8

Hi guys just after clarification. Unigroup tuned my car and suggested to run the narrowband output. Ive set my wideband to p4 and it puts out approx 0.1 to 1.1v. Now if i am correct ill need to connect this to the clear wire on the o2 loom in the engine bay. I do not want to splice the wiring near the ecu.

Is the voltage given out by the narrow band safe for my ecu? Some say 0 to 1 v but if ive seen 1.2v coming out i dont want to fry my ecu.

its an r33 gtst with pfc.

What do you mean by narrowband? Have you got a Lambda sensor (wideband) that also has a narrowband output? If so the latter should be fine for your ecu. Having said that like most people running a Link I have ditched the O2 sensor as the Link can be tuned to take care of everything. Not sure about PFC

Its a lambda sensor but the AEM unit will simulate a narrowband output.

Unigroup suggested to run it in there and switch o2 feedback on as it can improve economy if I am doing mostly cruising driving, which I am.

Plenty suggest ditching the o2 sensor all together and letting a good tune handle everything. These guys suggested it will do no harm to have it in there and enabled as it won't hinder performance at all and will either have no effect or some effect to economy.

I've still got a near new o2 sensor here and a bug but don't really want to put another unit in the exhaust.