SAU Community

Skyline Ecu

Dasmbo

Hi its been a while since I have posted here about 3 years ago I bought a Wolf 3d ver 4 plugin ecu all I had was a base tune on it and I was never happy with it so I fitted the stock ecu back into the car. I have hardly driven it since approx 2500kms in the last 3 years due to not having the money to go further.

Recently I have saved my money purchased a new turbo from hypergear and I also sent my spare head to Lewis engines and had it flowed with new valves, springs, retainers new steam pipe exhaust manifold with GM LS3 coil paks. I still have the wolf in the cupboard but im not holding much hope with that one the new turbo I purchased has a 3 inch inlet and im sure there would be problems with the air flow meter or id have to lie to the ecu when getting it tuned. I have found a couple of ecu's at a very good price but I would like to get some feedback on them especially from some people that have actually had them in there car as I live quite a long way from any tuner and my other car which is a CHARADE is incapable of towing the vehical to the tuners and I have 2 quotes from towing companies to take it to Sydney at around $500.00 plus dollars .

The ECU ;s that I have found are Haltech E8 which has a tune on it and I could get it to the tuners with it. The other is a Haltech E11 v2 with no tune on it and I would really like to get a Computer that is easy to find a shop that can tune it I really would like to be able to upload and download tune files to my laptop so I could have a couple of files that I could use different tunes and also have a map sensor instead of AFM.

What are your thoughts on this as I am about to move premises and I will be even further from any dyno tune shops

thanks

Sam

Vipec/Link are the new thing. I have a Link and I'm very happy with it

It all really depends on what your tuner likes/tunes/sells etc. Probably best to have a chat with whoever is tuning it about it, see what they think. Mention Link or Vipec (or both) and see what they say. I don't have much experience with Haltech but from what I've read some people seem to love them, were as others think they are crap. I havent found alot of negative feedback about the Link/Vipec's. I'm a bit biased, I like the features mine has but anyway

I had a mate with a Wolf 3D in his R32, seemed to perform fine and ran a MAP sensor. But I don't know alot about them. The place he worked at sold them, so he got it cheap and tuned it himself so he obviously was happy with it. But apart from that they don't seem to be real popular

V4 or v4 Plus?

Youy really need the Plus version to get the ability to run the indvidual coils. If you want, I can send you a map from mine - it should make the car driveable enough that you can get it to the tuner's.