SAU Community

Quite Confused..

KrazyTurk

about a month ago i replaced all my high beam low beam and parker globes just recently i noticed my right side low and high beams not working at all

no idea what is goin on, could someone enlighten me on what the cause could be for this for this ?

i had my front bar removed could water somehow got in the lights while it was raining?

What car is it?

I dont think water could get in too easily, but the fact that this happened around the same time as the bar removal is a bit suss.

Did you touch the bulbs with your fingers? From what I understand the oil from skin on the bulbs can cause issues. I do what I can to install bulbs without touching them.

Skylines run individual circuits for left and for right lighting so you'll have to get out the multi meter.

Could be the relay, fuses, headlight switch or high/low dip switch.

If you increased the wattage of the bulbs, you may have cooked the high/low dip switch.

But start with the easy/cheap items.

What car is it?

I dont think water could get in too easily, but the fact that this happened around the same time as the bar removal is a bit suss.

Did you touch the bulbs with your fingers? From what I understand the oil from skin on the bulbs can cause issues. I do what I can to install bulbs without touching them.

correct.

The oil from your skin actually boils with the heat produced and weakens the glass.

Hence, don't touch, or clean with spirits afterwards.

If it's an R32 it will be the headlight switch. Common issue

Edit: though check with a multi meter, the switch is around $200 so not cheap if it isn't the issue.

Edit edit: or you could be cheap and run a bridge wire from one headlight to the other, i did that to fix my old 32 back in the day lolol

Edited by Anfanee

just came to mind that awhile ago someone telling me one of the headlight covers werent in properly but i secured it back on and as far as i remember im pretty sure i tested the lights which was fine

and its the same headlight which isnt working now lol..

i have pretty much everything in my toolbox but no diagnostic tools for electrical work.. ill just take it in to my mech to have a look at before i fit new bulbs in

& order some tools!

the car is an R33 gtst

Edited by KrazyTurk