SAU Community

Idea Forum Set Up Make It Easy

Hi to all

I am new but have been reading for years.. 3...4 i think

i want a skyline GT-R so bad but I am building a house, but i did add a 3rd garage

i got a idea that’s been bugging me for a long time, is that i use google to find the post i wana read because i find it hateful using the forum tabs and nothing is organised

can’t it be easy and have 5 tabs click on what series you have and then shows all your subcategories

example:
main forum page
R31

R32

R33

R34

R35

Then once you click on your tab you get all you subs like mods, DIY, brakes, suspension.... like what we have now
but would be nice to have a pre-subcategory main forum page.

for idea of what I’m talking about look at: http://www.pradopoint.com/ see how they got 90, 120 and 150 it really nice and yes i do have a 150 series Prado that’s why i know about that site

tell me what you think and maybe if we all put in our 2c we might get a change i hope :)

We've spoken before about this but didnt move on it because R32, R33 and R34 are quite similar in their chassis and systems. Ie, questions regarding the RB26, ATESSA or HICAS could be answered by anybody.

That said though, I'm really keen to redo the automotive categories as I think they are a little all over the place at the moment. We need to encourage the use of tags when people add new threads because that makes it much easier to find what you're looking for.

I like the idea of tags I did use all ten tags allowable to make this post.

But forced tags would help alot.

As for cleaning the forum up we just goto look at other forums for ideas have a look at the hyundai i30 forum I enjoy their site but the search bar is not the best but i hardly ever use it because its organized and yes I have i30 shitbox for driving to and from work only.

I did kinda forgot about how similar they are would cause bit of confusion. ...

Hear is link if anyone interested in having a look: http://www.i30ownersclub.com/forum/index.php?action=forum

Also what about spell check..?? Not like I need it but some might