SAU Community

M35 Tuning Whats Next

ShonE

Hi people

Guess there are threads about this but i went through a lot and theres usually so many posts that id need days to go through.

Anyway as my turbo failed i decided to go with bigger one, so now ive got high flowed turbo (20psi if im not wrong) in my car and obviously need to do a lot more. It wasnt really planed so i had no cash for more,car is drivable atm its just more like a diesel.

So as i decided to go with bigger turbo i would want to max the car out to the point where its still reliable and not to much trouble. Just to make it easier for Scotty with all the questioins i wanna hear all the suggestions, all that you guys did etc. The main thing is tuning, all the things i upgrade that need a tune id like to do as much as possible at once to save as much as possible.

So whats next and what are the costs :)

thanks

and injectors, fuel pump and fmic

thanks, yeah im planing to go all the way but as i said to the point where its still reliable. I guess 300awkw with ethanol conversion, now if im going to do ethanol conversion is there a point changing injectors and pump now or wait for when i have cash for conversion. Was thinking to do a few more mods now that are essential and maybe not full exhaust so i can do the tune and make a car run ok at least till i get more cash for further actions :)...or is there a point doing a few if ill need to tune it again later after more mods...

Edited by ShonE

thanks, yeah im planing to go all the way but as i said to the point where its still reliable. I guess 300awkw with ethanol conversion, now if im going to do ethanol conversion is there a point changing injectors and pump now or wait for when i have cash for conversion. Was thinking to do a few more mods now that are essential and maybe not full exhaust so i can do the tune and make a car run ok at least till i get more cash for further actions :)...or is there a point doing a few if ill need to tune it again later after more mods...

Injectors can't be changed until you are getting it tuned. Fuel pump I say go for it. It's cheap and won't hurt.

You say you have done the turbo, what turbo did you go with?

The first and most important mod is the dump pipe back with the exhaust.

Shift kit is a must before you can tune it and it is the best bang for buck mod on these cars IMO.

If you want to break 200kw you will need and upgraded intake pipe.

Transmission cooler is a must

And a brake upgrade

Yeah i agree with Josh...

You have truely gone about this backwards (i know you had no choice due to the turbo failure)

In a perfect world you add supporting mods and work torwards whatever turbo you are choosing to fit but in your case you are trying to make the turbo happy...

Injectors can't be changed until you are getting it tuned. Fuel pump I say go for it. It's cheap and won't hurt.

You say you have done the turbo, what turbo did you go with?

The first and most important mod is the dump pipe back with the exhaust.

Shift kit is a must before you can tune it and it is the best bang for buck mod on these cars IMO.

If you want to break 200kw you will need and upgraded intake pipe.

Transmission cooler is a must

And a brake upgrade

Its the bigger highflow one, 20PSI if im not wrong, i did talk to Scotty but with all the things ive got on my mind feel like 70 year old, forgeting things after 5 mins, thats the point of this thread i guess, so i can go back and read through :)... Yeah he didnt have time for dump pipe and i kinda needed a car. The only thing is that tune, i dont want to do things twice , and dont have cash for everything atm. So its more about getting as much as possible so that tuning it makes sense money wise. All the essential things that would make car run ok and the ones that i need the tune for... Thought taking care of transmision and part of the exhaust, not sure about fuel pump-injectors if ima planing ethanol conversion.What else is there and how much cash im looking at...

thanks guys

as far as cash goes i've pretty much got everything either in my spare room or ordered for my M35 SS2 Hypergear highflow to go on and be tuned.

You are looking at most of what people mentioned

In my case i have either fitted to the car or ready to be fit the following....

FMIC, exhaust w/dump, Scottys intake, trans cooler, EMU w/loom, profec B, 725cc injectors, fuel pump (i'm probably missing a few things here like modded acuator and cooling mod)

To give you a rough idea thats about $4000 worth of items give or take. Add about another $2500-3000 to get it all fitted and tuned (average quotes i saw in Adelaide)

Thats just to hopefully accommodate the turbo. Then people will obviosuly recommend things like coilovers, shift kit, bigger brakes and some sort of bracing (i already have some of this sorted on the M35 up front)

Edging up towards $10k without really breaking a sweat to be honest...

Cheers :)

as far as cash goes i've pretty much got everything either in my spare room or ordered for my M35 SS2 Hypergear highflow to go on and be tuned.

You are looking at most of what people mentioned

In my case i have either fitted to the car or ready to be fit the following....

FMIC, exhaust w/dump, Scottys intake, trans cooler, EMU w/loom, profec B, 725cc injectors, fuel pump (i'm probably missing a few things here like modded acuator and cooling mod)

To give you a rough idea thats about $4000 worth of items give or take. Add about another $2500-3000 to get it all fitted and tuned (average quotes i saw in Adelaide)

Thats just to hopefully accommodate the turbo. Then people will obviosuly recommend things like coilovers, shift kit, bigger brakes and some sort of bracing (i already have some of this sorted on the M35 up front)

Edging up towards $10k without really breaking a sweat to be honest...

Cheers :)

The shift kit is a necessity if you are going on the Dyno. It's not a and then.

But other then that very accurate.

The very next thing that should be on the to do list is the dump pipe. It will not only give more power but it will help the new turbo last a lot longer.

thanks guys.. yeah just planing to do a few things at once and tune it so that car is driveable... and leave anything that is not necessary for later, i said 300akw is what ive heard is safe and achievable with the turbo i got in it, but atm would be nice to make it run at least as good as stock or better without risk of wearing or blowing something .... but also trying to do all the bits that are on the way at once, to keep the cost down as much as possible...